Gold Coast Jacks - 3 Nov

marty

Early start on the Goldy this morning chasing red devils. Fishing with Leighton, we managed to land 3 Jacks - a pup, a 44cm and a 49cm. The three fish came on 3 different lures, a Sebile, a Jackall Deep Chubby and a Lucky Craft Pointer. We also managed a handful of sub-legal Flathead, Bream and dropped a Trev at the boat. All fish were released.

Water temp was 25 degrees for most of the morning and wind was slight. First trip where it has actually felt like Jack weather, and the warm night helped set the scene. Surface action was surprisingly slow for such a still morning.

Leighton had the GoPro running and we got both the bigger Jack hits on video, so will post a link to the vid when he uploads it. Unfortunately it probably also captured a few embarrassing moments too (hopefully he edits these out)!

Marty

post-3606-144598706619_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598706629_thumb.jpg

Way to go Marty and Leighton, good to see you holding a redfish again mate.

Right on cue for the November comp hey, been saving yourself for it have we.

What Sebile lure if you don't mind me asking Marty, i have one that that swims like a 1 legged duck compared to an X Rap but this could be me, it usually is, cheers wayne

Way to go Marty and Leighton, good to see you holding a redfish again mate.

Right on cue for the November comp hey, been saving yourself for it have we.

What Sebile lure if you don't mind me asking Marty, i have one that that swims like a 1 legged duck compared to an X Rap but this could be me, it usually is, cheers wayne

Wayne,

You will have to get Leighton to confirm the lure model as it was his (and I think he donated it later in the session).

Don't tell me Jack is FOTM - I forgot to check for the post and hand signal :( Guess I will just have to go again!

Thanks for fixing the pics Angus.

Marty

Archived