Lots of Berley to use!

blue_mako

hey guys...

i have now added more info into the post as i am in a business class now...

jordans mum decided enough was enough and we had to clean out her freezer full of fish from top to bottom so we decided to take it all down to bretts wharf and chum it up into multiple ice cream containers... we made about 40kgs of berley containing loads of different left over frozen fish... fresh water eels, sharks, mullet, luderick, prawn shells and prawn meat, salmon heads, barramundi frames (which were kindly given to us by sams seafood just down the road), whiting, garfish, herring and all other types of bait fish a few loafs of bread, biscuits and crackers, mouldy cheese, butter, a few litres of tuna oil, sand and of course the frame of a very different type of brisbane river bycatch which i will post about later... gus and ando and others that may know dont give it away! :P

10kgs more berley made from mulet is being made this arvo when i get home from school to clear out my freezer...

anyway what we are asking is, someone with a boat to please take us out from nudgee beach (there is a boat ramp and the rest of it here) and head out about 500m-1km out off the main land (usually takes us 5-10mins in a tinnie with 3 of us in it and a 6hp motor) and fish for small and maybe big bullies and bronzies and there is always the possibility that tigers and other bay sharks will move in... all you will need is your normal rod with 100lb nylon coated wire and around a 6/0-7/0 hook with a live poddy mullet which we will cast net before hand and a float or balloon... pretty much everything you normally would use while sharking in the brisbane river except minus the sinker and add the float...

the last 2 times we have done this (which is everytime we have done this) the shark action has been unbeleiveable as jordan and my mate tom know... we literally had sharks swimming around the boat and feeding frenzies on the surface... hits literally every few minutes if they are on... but i must admit at times its slows down a bit (between the end of sunrise and an hr or so before midday (6am-11am) and between an hr or so after midday and just before sundown (1pm-4pm))... the best times are dawn and dusk because obviously thats when most fish feed and midday as that is the hottest point of the day and they are most active...

we will only be using the berley if the day is perfect as we dont want to waste it... the fact that its winter doesnt seem to matter if the sun is out and there are minimal clouds as the water is subject to maximum sun light, bringing the sharks to the surface into the warmer waters which is why we suspend our baits under floats about 50cm-1m under the surface...

the day we will probably be able to head out will be a saturday as me and jordan get them off... or a sunday as i maybe sick and have to call up work... better still you name a date and we will see what we can do about it...

any more questions???

troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/07/31 14:41

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/08/01 16:29

What colour is it? :sick: we used to chum in the river for sharks and its foul stuff. we mixed bread, water, pissloads of tuna oil, mullet gut, frames, berley pellets meat scraps fish scraps. everything u could think of. oi if i had a boat id take you guys out. Yeah im curious where is the burley being kept?

DAVE

GUS:jordan is restricted to 3 out of the 6 trays... one of the 3 trays is a midget tiny tray compared to the rest... we turned 6 trays of fish into 3.5 trays... 0.5 of a tray is being stored in my freezer which also has a load of mullet from wellington point which we are turning into chum this arvo :) and a good sized stingray from bretts wharf... gus you have a boat dont you??? or cant you use it without your mate being in it or something??

DAVE: yeh berley is brown! everything that you mix usually turns brown...

troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/07/31 14:43

Archived