AFO Cast Net Training and Swap Meet 15th July

Angus

Thanks Donkey - saves me looking.

Aaron and I will be doing both. We'll get there pre dawn, have a fish at Harries then back to Wello for Breakie, then back out for some whiting.

Well that's a plan anyway - who knows what happens.

15knotts - yahooo can't wait.:sick: :angry:

Oceandonkey wrote:

Seabreeze says were looking at 15 knots at 5:30am then down to 11 by lunch time. High tide (brisbane bar) is 9:14.

are all boaters heading out before or after the swap or is anyone doing a pre dawn trip?

Im going to be heading out to Harries but probably not before first light (especially with a work function the night before)

Angus ill take 2 of the stickers bud does the blue or yellow look better on aluminium.

Mate Blue looks better on aluminium. The yellow looks better on pretty much darker colours. Although teh yellow ones look pretty snazzy on Brians boat.

We only have Blue in stock at the moment though so your in luck :P Will be ordering more yellow on monday. :)

Angus

The boat is fueled, the net is soaked to soften, the eggs are bought, now I just need to drag my butt out of bed to get there in time. And no I wont be heading out at 3am like some other lunatics.

But I will put the boat in after breaky and have a look around.

Ohh and Angus, I need some stickers too.... How about blue?

You have the GPS navs hey Brian?

what time are you looking at heading out ill talk to my better half and may join you if you know where you are going in pitch black and im not to drunk from the night before.

We will definatly be in for the whiting adventure mate if you dont mind of course, where are you looking at heading for that?

Oceandonkey wrote:

what time are you looking at heading out ill talk to my better half and may join you if you know where you are going in pitch black and im not to drunk from the night before.

We will definatly be in for the whiting adventure mate if you dont mind of course, where are you looking at heading for that?

Mate ill be bringing all the stickers i have along on sunday. They are all blue, i think i have 12 sets.

Fresh order monday for those that want yellow ones. Stu i have not forgot about the crawdad! :P

Angus

Oceandonkey wrote:

Yeap and I got the map and way points after last week. I also learnt how to use it now too Lozzel :P

Early at about 3.00 or so but with conditions at 15knotts it's no spot for the faint hearted, the HA reef is very exposed to wind.

Lets chat closer to Sunday

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/07/12 15:22

It looks like I will also be coming out as my brother in law (Pepe66) has asked if I wanted to make the trip and then have a fishing session afterwards. I have never fished there before and we are bringing the boat. Unfortunatly my cast net has been badly damaged by the mangroves in our backyard but still keen to see how it's done. This of course will all be dependant on the weather.

fishing_kid101 wrote:

It looks like I will also be coming out as my brother in law (Pepe66) has asked if I wanted to make the trip and then have a fishing session afterwards. I have never fished there before and we are bringing the boat. Unfortunatly my cast net has been badly damaged by the mangroves in our backyard but still keen to see how it's done. This of course will all be dependant on the weather.

Mate weather aside it should still be a great morning.

Angus

I'll be there about 6:30, have a feed throw the net around(or net then feed, whatever) then weather permiting, Catching the snapper from hell:evil: With Angus as witness, I was thinking of trying a couple of differnt spots there. We'll see what happens.;)

I hope there's a bit of chop though, every time it's been flat there I have'nt caught a thing :(

Guys im really looking forward to this.

Thanks again for the ride chubbstar!

For the swap meet ill be bringing a stack of spinner baits (i just dont have luck with them), a bunch of unused high quality barra lures (i almost cant part with them, but id prefer someone using them finally as ill be missing Awoonga again), and a nice little sharking set up i dont use anymore.

See you all bright and early!!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Oceandonkey wrote:
Seabreeze says were looking at 15 knots at 5:30am then down to 11 by lunch time. High tide (brisbane bar) is 9:14.

are all boaters heading out before or after the swap or is anyone doing a pre dawn trip?

Im going to be heading out to Harries but probably not before first light (especially with a work function the night before)

Angus ill take 2 of the stickers bud does the blue or yellow look better on aluminium.

Mate Blue looks better on aluminium. The yellow looks better on pretty much darker colours. Although teh yellow ones look pretty snazzy on Brians boat.

We only have Blue in stock at the moment though so your in luck :P Will be ordering more yellow on monday. :)

Angus

I just tried to buy some blue stickers at about 5 and it said there is no stock left of them either?

Should I just wait a while Angus then try again next week?

Cheers, Joel ;)

Brian D wrote:

I just tried to part with stuff but every time I put something aside I put it back again. I can't do it, just can't.:blush:

I have some 2stroke oil to swap someone for something.;) Don't need it now I got a 4 stroke.

i think we have the same disease brian i've been digging things out all day and putting them back

got some aluminium tube rodholders, the lead line off a 10' castnet if anyone wants the lead

Angus wrote:

rayke1938 wrote:

Ray, what do you want for the rod rack mate! Will a bunch of Brand New Barra lures do it? :P

Angus

Angus the rod rack is a give away it is only made out of packing case pine and is very rough.

I also have to give away

Cast net ( requires repair from memory has a 3 ft rip and has been repaired before)

Small tackle box

Anzani outboard

victa mower engine

Petrol whipper snipper used to go hasnt been used for 7 years

peg board fittings

woodworking books

assorted fishing magazines ( 4 milk crates full QFM, Bush N Beach, trailer boat fisherman, modern fishing, caravaning etc,etc. Sorry no black label stuff )

siezed abu spinning reel

Plus other assorted junk that would look good in anyones garage.

For sale or give away if I cant sell it

Mercury fuel tank has older style round fitting.

Solas prop to suit 1998 25 hp 2 stroke mercury 13 inch pitch

Cane creel that I brought from the blind institute when I was 16.

Assorted alveys

Assorted baitcasters

5 m lengths of galv chain

Plano tackle boxes without trays.

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/07/14 20:32

The biggest THANKS to Ray for the dozen or so fishing mags... but really worried about you now as in every mag with Bass in it, all the pages are stuck together. also thanks for the dvd, will watch it after i post this. Hope it is rated G

Now who was it that gave me the alley rod holders. THANK YOU Please remind me who you were.

And Angus thanks for the lead weights and i have that rod n reel up for sale now for twenty bucks :P

jk, ty

Archived