AFO Cast Net Training and Swap Meet 15th July

Angus

Hey everyone.

This was drifting around as a suggestion but i thought id make it official.

At 7:00am on the 15th July will be the AFO Cast Net Training and Swap Meet.

Venue: Wellington Point. Near the boat ramp.

Would appreciate anyone who is quite proficient lending a hand. Obviously we just cast on the grass as its only training so no damage should be incured on nets!

Also bring along all that stuff you dont use anymore. You might be able to trade for something you like and vice versa.

Ill get there early and try and take over one of those little groups of bungalows and picnic tables.

Hope to see a lot of you there!!!

Cheers.

Angus

P.S. This has been added to the AFO calendar.

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2007/07/03 14:48

I got a huge top pocket heavy thing of a net - I'll bring that along. I can trow it but am totaly buggered after about an hour.

By the way I am bringing a boat as well - Aaron and I are going to show you guys some big snapper that we are going to catch.;)

I love wello point, As I am only new to boating in Brisbane I've fished there 5-6 times, each sesion getting better.

On Sunday I caught my first sized squire:woohoo: By changing rigs bait etc each time out I've hit the nail on the head.

2 casts scored me 2 good squire, Then ran outta the good sized bait I was using:( and caught bream etc again.

Just a tip though, bring plenty of hooks and sinkers, The reef will score around 1 set up to 10 casts. I dont know about SP's though I'm a bait man..;)

Also make sure your boat, catch etc is legal as the police like this area as much as I do. Flare's are a legal requirement in this erea.

oh and Angus please please bring AFO STICKERS to sell. I know Booty and I will buy some.:P

I'll bring 3 kilo's of snags anyone wonna bring some bread? 3 kilo be enough?

I'm planing on having a feed, throw the net around abit then hitting the water.

And I'll have a spare seat on the boat again. So anyone interested in a fish on my boat give me a hoy.;)

I'm in the market for a child size life jacket PFD-1. If anyone has 1 laying around.:huh:

Looking forward to the day.

Jayson

My missus had just found out about the tackle swap meet (thanks Brian she thinks she has found a way of clearing out the shed:laugh: ), and is currently going through what she thinks I don't need:blink: Silly girl thinks I am going to get rid of stuff, I'm just going to buy more, although may have some old reels to give away to someone who wants some gear for kids to bash about

Brian D wrote:

Woops sorry mate - I said too much again! Maybe she can man the stall while we go hit the reefs.;) :woohoo:

yeah but while your gone your unkown second stall might open while it would be good for us i dont think you would to happy about your new income :woohoo:

hey any one bringing any cast nets there lookin to get rid of, i dont have one and wouldnt mind pickin one up whike there so i can learn how to chuck it. as wont be using that often im not lookin for a monster size net just one to tuck in the boat for the odd occasion

kriso wrote:

hey any one bringing any cast nets there lookin to get rid of, i dont have one and wouldnt mind pickin one up whike there so i can learn how to chuck it. as wont be using that often im not lookin for a monster size net just one to tuck in the boat for the odd occasion

God damn, i just gave away a cast net to a work mate the other week. Sorry Kriso:(

kriso wrote:

I'll bring 2. One is buggered, big rip, someone can have it if they want to mend it.

The other is a big wooping heavy thing with draw string top pocket that gives you a sore back within half an hour.

Brian D wrote:

I signed up but I am just wondering who's bringing boats? I know of the following:

Lozzel and deckie (Jordan)

Brian and Aaron

Chubstar Jayson and Angus

Ray?

Feral?

Stu?

Master Sards?

Ellicat?

Everybody?

I will be there with my boat as I need to try a tank for size with Rayke, and no point buying stickers if you dont put them on something!

Going to steal an idea from that 'other website' I dont mention, but maybe a piece if something blue (Go those NSW guns) tied/taped around your aerial will not only ID our boats to each other, but also allows us all to keep an eye on all the boats from non members who might have pilfering on their minds!

Just purchased my cast net, a 9' job, I was told by a guy at work to soak it in fabric softner over nite? Is he pulling my leg? He told me that I makes the net more plyable, easyer to use, has anyone done this before?:blush:

oh and managed to sneak some SP's past the missus :evil: ,

4\" nuclear chicken minnows

5\" pink shine shands

who knows mite end up with a takle problem

like brian:P

chubbstar wrote:

Just purchased my cast net, a 9' job, I was told by a guy at work to soak it in fabric softner over nite? Is he pulling my leg? He told me that I makes the net more plyable, easyer to use, has anyone done this before?:blush:

interesting... is this for nylon or mono nets? couldn't see it having much affect on mono.

Naah cant make it mate, the Rio has a shot clutch, (been crook for a couple of weeks, tried the quick fix, but need to replace it)and the missus is using the other car on the weekend, cant get Rio fixed until monday :(

If I wasn't minding the kids I'd give it a shot, but I am not going that far with a dodgy clutch and 3 kids on board!

Seabreeze says were looking at 15 knots at 5:30am then down to 11 by lunch time. High tide (brisbane bar) is 9:14.

are all boaters heading out before or after the swap or is anyone doing a pre dawn trip?

Im going to be heading out to Harries but probably not before first light (especially with a work function the night before)

Angus ill take 2 of the stickers bud does the blue or yellow look better on aluminium.

Archived