m'bar.fishign well at the moment

dunney

went fishing at mooloolabar on the wednesday 4th june.bagged out on spotted mackeral.also got 1 good squire,one groper (i think) and a legal red throat emperor

mackeral were landed on slugs and reefies all on whole pillies with a 2 gang setup

2 of the mackeral were hooked withing one rotation of the handle.

all fish were landed on 6Lb spinning gear.

unfortunately i dont have the cable that links my phoen to the computer

i do have a pics on my phone so if someone wants them on the net i can send it to your phone and maybe you could post it up for me

(btw there we 2 of us in the boat,hense 5 mackeral each)

Looks like a good time was had. Well done.

Regarding the fish on the right hand side -

It's not the clearest pic, but I'd call what you thought was a groper a Maori cod. Could be wrong, but look it up. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/07/06 15:17

They look more like School Macks. Tim and I got onto a few at Straddie, awesome fight. I got 1 on the drop and it swam straight towards me. I thought he'd cut me off but reeled up the slack and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. On 10lb it was great fun so 6 would have been twice as good.

Troy

Edit: Just saw, Rob already pointed it out they are doggies/schoolies. Is there a reason they are called doggies? Is it because they are the vermin Mackeral? It used to get me confused with Dogtooth Tuna when I was a wee lad. Learnt the differences between species now, even though I've only caught Slimies and Schoolies :P .

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/07/07 18:49

Archived