Live Bait Grounds outside Moloolaba??

crazywalrus

Best bait weve caught ted is at Noosa area,North reef: it has been hit and miss for bait. and seems to pop up all over the place I dont know of a spot that its on regular, "Carter" may help on this hes a Noosa regular. The day we were on it was the best I've ever seen great Yakkas biggest I've seen. If you want a really good bait shop let me know its the cheapest and best bait I've been able to find in the area $20 for a 4 kilo the best pillies, $4: for 11kilos of ice and heaps of other bait . Where are you going to in the area Ted?

Runty.. Try Google ;)

"Curtin Artificial reef established in 1969 and located on a drop off from 15-25m. Contains about 20 wrecks and other materials on a sand bottom. Attracts a variety of pelagics. S 27.06.600, E 153.21.750

Four Beacons just to the south of Tangalooma now contain two tripod beacons and one pole-style beacon. S 27.13.868, E 153.20.146"

Do you have a GPS?

1 of marks i have.

S26 35 912 E 153 19 674

If not try shark nets or kawana Shark drum

Appreciate that Shane will give them a try

Best bait weve caught ted is at Noosa area,North reef: it has been hit and miss for bait. and seems to pop up all over the place I dont know of a spot that its on regular, "Carter" may help on this hes a Noosa regular. The day we were on it was the best I've ever seen great Yakkas biggest I've seen. If you want a really good bait shop let me know its the cheapest and best bait I've been able to find in the area $20 for a 4 kilo the best pillies, $4: for 11kilos of ice and heaps of other bait . Where are you going to in the area Ted?

Thanks Davey. I am going to head out to the Barwon Banks on Sunday if the weather holds up. Do you want to tag along, I have a full boat at the moment? I head out there yesterday with Dom and had a great day.

mate you could try old women island,there might be some hanging around there.

Thanks Brad I will have a look on the map for the Island.

Hey Ted,

The slimies Dave and I got at North Reef were huge. Was almost half considering catching more of them for a feed. :silly: Way too far out of the way thouh but a very good spot in itself. I need to do a lot more work on it though as I don't klnow it all that well yet.

Did a bit of quick research and the consensus is the shark nets off Kawana is probably the easiest bet. The only problem is it restricts you to a later start because its near impossible to jig up livies before first light.

Probably the better option is the mark Shane69 posted which is on the Mooloolaba 10 mile and pretty much half way out to the banks, meaning you will still get out there reasonably early. You will still have to do a fair bit of sounding around as bait schools can move around a lot.

Have also found a few spots online that are on the way too caloundra wide. Good option if you wan't to get worked out on by some ambo's.

Finding old woman island from mooloolaba is easy Ted, you won't need one of elicats fancy "charts", it's just north of the maroocy river mouth. you can see it easily from Mooloolaba, just head north once your out of the river and clear of the breakers. Used to take about 20 minutes to get there from Mooloolaba in my mates little tinny so it will be pretty quick in your beast

Finding old woman island from mooloolaba is easy Ted, you won't need one of elicats fancy "charts", it's just north of the maroocy river mouth. you can see it easily from Mooloolaba, just head north once your out of the river and clear of the breakers. Used to take about 20 minutes to get there from Mooloolaba in my mates little tinny so it will be pretty quick in your beast

He can't even say "Charts"....I'm sure he wont know what north is :lol::lol:

Maybe just suggest he have a look around . It kinda sticks out a bit :dry:

Thanks Neal. Will probably hit up Shane's mark and maybe do a quick sound around the nearings on the way out.

hmmm Brian. Sorry I got it wrong. C.H.A.R.T :whistle:

Thanks Neal. Will probably hit up Shane's mark and maybe do a quick sound around the nearings on the way out.

hmmm Brian. Sorry I got it wrong. C.H.A.R.T :whistle:

That'd be Gneerings, mate. :P :woohoo: :lol::lol::lol:

Archived