Obsession Fishing Presents - Jewel Reef 2012

Obsession_Fishing

Ladies and gentlemen.

We are pleased to announce that due to the first trip being nearly booked out so quickly we have secured and have commenced selling a secondary set of dates for the jewel reef trip for 2012. We will edit the first post of this thread to include both sets of dates and a running tally of who is attending. Due to the second date being added and to avoid any confusion we have also extended the early bird pricing or $3750 until the 14th of March.

The new dates are: 28th September - 2nd October

A heads up to any bold and hard working students, this does full in school and most universities holidays.

Thanks for the support!

Obsession.

Availability (Seats Remaining):

28th Sept - 2nd Oct: 10 of 12 Remaining

13th - 17th Oct: 2 of 12 Remaining

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies and gentlemen.

We are pleased to announce that due to the first trip being nearly booked out so quickly we have secured and have commenced selling a secondary set of dates for the jewel reef trip for 2012. We will edit the first post of this thread to include both sets of dates and a running tally of who is attending. Due to the second date being added and to avoid any confusion we have also extended the early bird pricing or $3750 until the 14th of March.

The new dates are: 28th September - 2nd October

A heads up to any bold and hard working students, this does full in school and most universities holidays.

Thanks for the support!

Obsession.

New dates and availabilty added to the first post.

Thanks mods.

Obsession.

• 2 weeks later...
can you post up a list of people going please.

Shortie list below is how it stands now. First names and user names (if applicable) have been displayed.

This does leave 1 spot and maybe 2 as one person might be switching to the earlier set of dates so dont hesitate to enquire if you are keen :)

Richard (shortie)

Steve (elops)

Sef (jon)

Gary (Gary_C)

Damien (Damien_2_Rad)

Henry Do (Do$tylz)

Angus Gorrie (Angus)

Kendall Soo (Dell)

Emmanuel Cassimatis (Manni79)

Patrick Muir

Mitchell

can you post up a list of people going please.

Shortie list below is how it stands now. First names and user names (if applicable) have been displayed.

This does leave 1 spot and maybe 2 as one person might be switching to the earlier set of dates so dont hesitate to enquire if you are keen :)

Richard (shortie)

Steve (elops)

Sef (jon)

Gary (Gary_C)

Damien (Damien_2_Rad)

Henry Do (Do$tylz)

Angus Gorrie (Angus)

Kendall Soo Soo (Dell)

Emmanuel Cassimatis (Manni79)

Patrick Muir

Mitchell

cmon guys I thought you would've learnt my name by now lol :blink::blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Luke Galea has signed up for the second trip :)

This is good news for Obsession Fishing as he plans on doing a two edition article in NQ Fish & Boat specifically on the trip (fish pending but I dont think that will be a problem)!

Welcome aboard Luke!

Some of you may have met him at the 2012 Summer Classic with his crew from Mackay.

Obsession.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads have just had one seat open up for our epic Jewel Reef adventure in October with Reel Chase and Reef Connections.

This trip is scheduled for early October and is set to be a blast. So if you fancy popping for GT's, jigging for doggies, trolling for marlin and fishing plastics for just about anything... Please go back to the first post of this thread for more details!

Once in a life time stuff guys dont miss out!

Obsession.

• 1 month later...

Courtesy of the recent addition of Ellicat to the list this trip is booked out :)

Will be booking FishHead nights ASAP.

More dates will be released soon for

Darwin Sight Fishing

Darwin Sight Fishing

Lockhart River & Reef

Jewel Reef

We are also going to work on some South Australian monster snapper trips but more on that later!

Please feel free to PM interest in any of the above mentioned so we can add your name to a priority list for information once its available.

Thanks.

Obsession.

• 3 weeks later...

The power of positive thinking dictated that I go all in on this one. Just transferred the balance to Obsession.

So, unless I was Kim Jong Il in a previous life, karma has to take pity on me and let me stay in Aus :silly: Because, if karma hoses me on this one I'm going to have to find a monk and punch him! :lol:

Contingency plans are in place just in case I have to punch a monk though. My wife has already said that she will fly me back here for this trip if it comes down to it. :)

River to Reef. Barra and Red Emperor in one day. Yes. Yes you can :P

I think that may have just sealed the deal of you getting more of our hard earned....

Erin says "Oooooh, I think I'd like to go on that one". (I am sure the "with you" was implied....)

River to Reef. Barra and Red Emperor in one day. Yes. Yes you can :P

I think that may have just sealed the deal of you getting more of our hard earned....

Erin says "Oooooh, I think I'd like to go on that one". (I am sure the "with you" was implied....)

Its the one my mrs was keen on as well as it is extremely protected and the mother ship is literally like a 5 star resort.

Angus

Angus your ging to send me broke. lol

No mate you will send yourself broke with your buying habits :P :whistle:

Dont blame me! Blame "...the obsession". :)

The obsession is like my drug. That makes your my dealer.

Don't worry Shortie... it's sending me broke too. Just bought a new jigging rod last night....

• 1 month later...
You guys must be looking for details to book the airline tickets soon?

Which reminds me, who all is bringing their own gear? I'm still not sure that I will be taking my gear, but I do have a rod case that could be used to carry a lot, if not all, the rods that are going. (It is the Cabela's one that I was selling a few months ago, sale fell through then I got a reprieve so decided I'd hang on to it).

You guys must be looking for details to book the airline tickets soon?

Indeed. Final details have been requested from the operation regarding the charter plane so we can book the flights.

Other info requested:

Luggage weight (for charter).

Drinks scenario.

Styrofoam.

Dont look to AFO for the conclusions to these questions as several people going are not active AFO members and thus everything will be dealt with via Email.

Cheers.

Obsession.

• 1 month later...
All correspondence with confirmed attendees has been via Email for the past few weeks so please let us know if you have not received anything...

:lol::lol::unsure:

I can't be sure if I didn't receive anything. :dry: :P

However I have received 2 emails recently that I can remember :)

Hahaha yes well of course you cannot know if you have not received anything.

If you have received an email though it means the address we have is correct and thus all good :)

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

:ohmy: Are we leaving on the 12th or 13th ? :huh:

28th Sept - 2nd Oct

13th - 17th Oct

What: An amazing trip to Jewel Reef. We will be spoilt for choice having a 60 Foot Custom Fly Bridge (Reel Chase), Dories and a Mother Ship (Reef Connections) at our exclusive disposal. In short, take your pick of trolling for Marlin, Dolphin Fish, Tuna, Wahoo and more. Pop for GT’s, Red Bass and Coral Trout or relax and have a beer on the mother ship where any reef living plastic/bait eating fish is a potential target. Spear fishing while at anchor is also an encouraged possibility with a high probability of nailing some trout and parrot. Reef Connections will be the location for night time fun and also all our meals. With a live on board chef this should not be tough living!

Archived