Obsession Fishing Presents - Jewel Reef 2012

Obsession_Fishing

post-9039-144598741764_thumb.jpg

As some of you know, but many will not, the team from Obsession Fishing are now not only onvolved in importing Nordic Stage rods into Australia but we have also ventured out into the travel and tourism sector. We aim to secure strategic alliances all over Australia (and in the future PNG and NZ) with the aim of providing numerous all inclusive packages for extreme fishing experiences. So whether you want trout, marlin, black bass, barramundi or murray cod we aim to meet that requirement.

Our first trips have been confirmed with Reel Chase and Reef Connections and all the information is below. There are limited seats for each trip which have already begun to fill up so please dont delay in confirming your spot!

Jewel Reef Trip 2012

When:

28th Sept - 2nd Oct

13th - 17th Oct

What: An amazing trip to Jewel Reef. We will be spoilt for choice having a 60 Foot Custom Fly Bridge (Reel Chase), Dories and a Mother Ship (Reef Connections) at our exclusive disposal. In short, take your pick of trolling for Marlin, Dolphin Fish, Tuna, Wahoo and more. Pop for GT’s, Red Bass and Coral Trout or relax and have a beer on the mother ship where any reef living plastic/bait eating fish is a potential target. Spear fishing while at anchor is also an encouraged possibility with a high probability of nailing some trout and parrot. Reef Connections will be the location for night time fun and also all our meals. With a live on board chef this should not be tough living!

post-9039-144598741772_thumb.jpg

Reel Chase and Reef Connections at Anchor

Jewel Reef: Jewel Reef is a pristine far flung reef reached by departing from Lizard Island. This reef offers sensational fishing of all sort and is especially famous for its large Bill Fish and insane GT fishing. Attacking it with a mother ship, dories and a fly bridge ensures we can cover so much more than a day charter and reach areas no accessible to many.

Price: $3750 (until the 1st of Feb when it will increase to $4000).

What Does This Include? Obsession Fishing will take care of EVERYTHING. By booking with us your $3750 will cover

- your commercial air fares to and from Brisbane to Cairns

- return private chartered flight to Lizard Island

- the entire charter experience including use of high end equipment (Stella's, tiagra's etc) (although you are welcome to bring your own)

- all meals onboard (prepared by the chef)

- exclusive pricing on River2Sea, Shogun and Decoy products

- exclusive “Reef Tactics†night at FishHead tackle store with exclusive pricing on products in store

- The only thing we don’t provide is your alcoholic requirements.

A small deposit is all that is required to reserver your spot until closer to the date.

The Obsession is only the beginning…

Obsession Fishing

Availability (Seats Remaining):

28th Sept - 2nd Oct: 10 of 12 Remaining

13th - 17th Oct: 2 of 12 Remaining

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who want to see what the trip would be like, here's the trip we did with Reel Chase a few months ago. Keep in mind, this was with 1 boat only (Reel Chase) and it was for only 4 nights. This trip cost us $3000 each without the flights, charter flights, extra boat etc so for $3750 you will be very hard pressed to find a better valued trip.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/80-north-queensland-reports/368428-ribbon-reefs-with-reel-chase

I can't wait for this :) For those interested, we've picked THE BEST time for GT popping. The boat owner and skipper of Reel Chase helped us with the dates and tides and specifically held these dates exclusively for us, there will be no other random punters on this trip.

Please also note at the bottom of the article the additional "value adds" we have arranged. We want our trips to be more than what one would usually expect...

In particular there the:

- exclusive “Reef Tactics†night at FishHead tackle store with exclusive pricing on products in store

The date will be set for this sometime in June or July once we firm up the participants. Duncan from FishHead seemed especially excited about this concept and it has potential to apply for a wide range of trips and venues we have planned.

Thanks.

Obsession Fishing

If this wasn't during my uni exam period I would be going for sure! That is an awesome price. Hopefully can make the next one.

Have you got your exam timetable yet? :P

Angus

Haha. Well knowing my luck, it will most likely be during an exam or I will have a presentation to give during that time. Make sure the next one is during my Uni break please :D

Cheers to those that have comitted.

We are about half booked and will be scrambling over the next few days to get the rest of the numbers.

Reel Chase organised 10 consecutive trips up there of which we secured the most ideal dates. These trips have booked out far faster than even they antipicated leaving us under more pressure to firm up and pay now to secure these ideal dates.

In short if you are interested let us know ASAP so we can make sure this happens!

Thanks.

Obsession Fishing Pty Ltd

Can you take an 8 foot rod tube on the flights ?

I was actually surprised with Virgins max length. It was long. (2.5 meters or something).

In short yes should be fine. Ill double check on the private flight for you but once again I think you would be sweet.

Thinking of coming?

Angus

How much is the deposit and when is the balance due?

The missus is fairly open to this trip (as long as I go alone) :lol:

The tough part for me is that I could conceivably be transferred with 28 days or less notice required before I have to leave the country. So, the smaller the deposit required and the closer to the date the balance is due is of course better for me :)

Can you take an 8 foot rod tube on the flights ?

I was actually surprised with Virgins max length. It was long. (2.5 meters or something).

In short yes should be fine. Ill double check on the private flight for you but once again I think you would be sweet.

Thinking of coming?

Angus

Virgin are the best they let you take anything.

Coming if there is still a spot.

PM sent

I'm planning on coming, but probably not bringing my own gear.

That being said, I have an extremely protective rod tube that I bought from Cabela's before moving over here that could likely hold everybody's rods at the same time. It is adjustable on length from about 5 and a half to 10 feet and about 5 and a half inches in diameter.

If you would like to use it (or if Obsession would like to borrow it to consolidate some of the gear) just let me know.

I can put up pictures of it if anybody needs to transport some 1 piece rods.

If you happen to need to transport some 2 piece rods, I also have a rod holder that is about 4.5 feet in length and about 3 inches in diameter with a shoulder strap; also from Cabela's. Again, can put up pictures if anybody may want to use it but not sure if it will work.

Hey everyone.

Just a heads up we have sold all but one seat on this trip...

So...

A: If you want in let us know ASAP!

B: If you are interested and dont miss out dont worry. We are still receiving solid enquiry and may be taking another set of dates and thus a second trip. Dates and actual certainty of this are TBC but if you are still interested, or it was the dates not the actual expenditure that stopped you for the first trip let me know ASAP.

C: We should also be advertising some Lockhart River trips soon. This would involve living on board Reel Chase anchored in the inlet (and some reef fishing) and commuting up river for barra, jacks etc.

Thanks.

Obsession

Hey guys.

In aswer to a couple of questions from people going on the trip:

Yes. You will be able to bring a certain number of fillets/fish back with you. Brett (the skipper) is actually out on a trip at the moment and communciation has been crackly so we confirm the exact details when he hits dry land. In short though the crew prepares the catch for transport etc. I would assume the ammount is limited however it will depend on baggage ammounts on the commercial flight etc.

Obsession

Archived