Kiwi says hi

XDrift

Hi everyone I'm Paul 24 and originally from a small town in New Zealand called Whakatane and been living in Springfield Lakes for the last 9 months or so.

Been fishing for most of my life, can still remember the my first fish i caught when i was 4 or 5 years old with my old man and was hooked ever since.

Ive done most forms of fishing back home, fresh to salt water, small to big game, but my favourite is freshwater spinning using light gear, it is my relaxation and meditation and ive always enjoyed the fresh air and the challenge with the majority of my catches being released. Back home we have some of the best trout fishing in the world mixed with beautiful scenery and crystal clear water i miss it big time.

Now im relativley setup over here i recently purchased a new spinning rod and setup with 6 pound nylon and a couple spinners. Ive tried a couple spots but soon realised that my skills from home are almost useless as all the water ive fished so far has been dirty. It was after a couple trips with zero success that i decided to have a quick google and find a forum where i can learn to fish here and hopfully meet some like minded people.

I think thats about it for now.

Cheers

Paul

Archived