Daiwa Saltiga10 5000 or Shimano Stella 10000sw

toonie

Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about getting a new salt water reel for quite some time now!! but being very indecisive between

the Saltiga 10 5000 or the Stella 10 000sw!! need help to choose between the 2 reels! so please give me your thoughts

on the 2 reels.

cheers!!! :cheer:

I'm lucky enough to have both :lol: a Saltiga 6500 exped and stella, having used both and tested them to the max(I've had a fish pull line from the saltiga locked drag at 32kg....) Personally, I prefer the saltiga, it feels a bit smoother and it has a heavier drag, however both are fantastic reels, you can't go wrong with either.

Cam

Man I can't remember why I went stella over a dogfight and saltiga last year but I don't regret it.

The usual shimano vs daiwa argument with generally the same points against each other.

I cranked over a new saltiga 10000 at afta last year and found it felt like it needed the smallest increased amount of inertia to turn the handle. Really though, not a problem. And to be honest it felt like it was built with balls.

Personal comparison was the saltiga was like Vin diesel in that muscle car in FF. Stella is like Angelina Jolie stealing that Ferrari in gone in 60.

There's a fair difference between a 5000 and 10000 size reel. :S

Not sure how they can be compared or recommended.

Shimano and Daiwa sizes in their larger reels are a fair bit different a 5000 size daiwa is around the same size as a 8000-10000 size shimano and a 6500 size daiwa is around the same size as a 18000-20000 size shimano.

Heres the Allan Hawks review http://jignpopforum.com/topic/349-daiwa-saltiga-2010-the-review/

Mate of mine has had a 4500 for awhile.

The plating on the drag clicker does come off and goes everywhere.

The spool shims are a joke.

The noise in the anti reverse develops after a few good fish.

It is smooth though with more drag and line capacity.

Heavier than my old 4500H

Bought another old model 4500 for $800 while they were still available and put carbontex washers in it as my 4500H has never had a problem rather than buy a 10

personaly i would go the stella. and 10000 saltiga Dogstyles? i have never heard of such a thing but it would be huge.

yeah sorry ... not paying attention. 6500. Bloody daiwa and their non conforming size numbering system :)

Anything over 2xxx in daiwa I start to get confused.

Archived