Berley Buckets for the back of your boat

Gazza

A really cheap if not free Berley bucket

is a old spin drier tub out of a hoover twin tub washing machine

make some brackets to hook on your transom rivet the drum to them when needed hook it on the back add burley

You'll want a chopper come stirrring stik to get it going (if the sea is calm) and I'd replace the rivits that hold the bottom in as pounding with the stik can make it fall off :pinch:

done that a few times

Gaz

good idea Gaz, although wouldn't that be a bit bulky?:blink:

What we have used in the past is a length of PVC tube (maybe 5inch diameter or so) prob about a 1.5 foot long. Our secret berely mix would be frozen up in 1 L milk cartons, so we could just tear the carton off and drop the berely in the tube (tube has heaps of holes in it of course). The wave action would help it to trickle out and we would stick something in there now and then to give it a bit more encouragement. Off jetties we have frozen up berley in a 2 L plastic milk bottle. For use we tie a rope to it, stab the bottle a bit and toss it over the side. Again the wave action helps disperse the berley and we would give the rope a shake now and then. From memory 2L of frozen berley used in this manner lasts for a few hours.

cheersB)

i had the exact setup gaz describes on the 5.2 i used to have,it works well,have had schools of 10kg yellowfin tuna come right up the berly trail and hang around the back of the boat. they'd eat every pilly you tossed to them except the one with the hook in it till one eventually one would make a mistake.

very exciting fishing:woohoo:

Archived