Late Jacobs Well report

Surfingant

Well with the lack of reports at the moment I figured I would put up a quickie from a few weeks ago. Shot down to the smell for a yakkidy yak and the water quality was reasonable so I thought I'd be in with a fairly good shot at something half decent. Launched at sparrow's and made my way to the mangrove edges opposite the ramp and started flicking a plastic around for not a touch, this went on for a little while before I got jack of that and decided to make my way to the Never Fail Islands. Now whoever named this Island was dead wrong because I failed, being a long paddle from home I had to get back in a hurry so I flagged down a passing jetskier. Tow rope hitched on and we were off and boy was it a fun ride back :) Anyway I parted company with the jetskier at Dinner Island when the tow rope parted ways :s , and decided to have a quick troll in the canals near there, but I would need a livie. Wetsuit and diving gear on and I was in looking for one, found a nice just under legal Mangrove Jack hiding under a pontoon and thought, you'll do!! An exhaustive chase ensued and after a good hour and a half I had my Jack in the live well :woohoo: Rigged up on a 10/0 circle and using my trusty Nordic/Stradic 1000/4lb flouro bream gear I started trolling, 3.5 hours later and I was starting to think about KFC when my rod goes ballistic! The jumping left me in no doubt as to what I had hooked up to and I settled in for the long haul. Well a good 2 hour fight later and I had finally worn out my adversary, I was tired but stoked, a first for me and the first of the species that I had heard of being caught there. post-7024-144598760265_thumb.jpg

I really hope someone can help me identify the exact type of Marlin that I have captured, Black, Blue, Striped or a combination of all three?

Anyway enough rambling from me, I really hope you all enjoyed the report and pics ;)

Cheers,

Ant ;);););)

Archived