South Pine River - Pine Rivers Park

powerfish

I will answer the question before I ask it "Have a crack and let us know"

Being a southsider (south of the Brisbane River I mean) I haven't fished around the northern suburbs much but I am currently working at Strathpine and each day I cross the South Pine River on Gympie Road and like all fishos my eyes get drawn to the water looking for fishy structure (I am sometimes stopped there for a minute or two in the evenings if the traffic is bad).

Any local knowledge about fishing this stretch would be appreciated. I have had a look at Google maps and it looks like I can access the bank via the Pine Rivers park.

I will stop one arvo next week and give it a go.

Cheers

Chris

I went for a quick look this afternoon on the way home amd it was not what I expected to see :unsure: . Turns out I turned left when I should have gone straight ahead. looking at nearmap.com I was at the lagoon behind the stage and not the river. Did see a little silver fish skip along the surface though amongst the lily pads. Will have another look tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

That lagoon has plenty of Tillies in it, and some pretty big eales as well. You could catch some good shark bait for the river. The stretch you are talking about is a great shark spot, as well as flatties, bream and mangrove jack when they are around. Also worth throwing the pots out for some muddies.

Archived