Prawn Stars

Nafa

In the sunny tropical waters of the Barrier Reef lived two prawns, Justin and Christian. They lived a happy life but lived in constant fear of being eaten by the many reef sharks in the area.

One day, after another narrow escape from a shark, Justin snapped it. \"I'm sick and tired of being a prawn,\" he said, \"I wish I was a shark then I wouldn't have to worry about being eaten.\"

Suddenly a mysterious cod appeared and said \"Your wish is granted.\" and lo, Justin turned into a shark.

Horrified, Christian immediately swam away; terrified that his old mate would eat him.

Justin enjoyed being a shark for the first few days but after a while became sad that all his prawn friends swam away in terror whenever he swam up for a chat.

Swimming around lonely one day Justin saw the mysterious cod again and begged to be turned back into a prawn. The cod took pity on Justin and, with a click of his fins, Justin was a prawn again.

With tears of joy in his beady little eyes Justin immediately caught up with all his prawn friends. He invited them all to the bar and bought them cocktails.

But something was missing. Where was Christian?

\"He's at home crying.\" said his friends. \"He's gutted that his best friend turned to the dark side and became a shark.\"

Justin immediately swam to Christian's house. \"Christian, Christian, come out. It's me, your old mate Justin.\" he said.

\"No\" said Christian. \"You're a shark. You'll eat me.\"

\"No, you don't understand, Christian, I've changed\" cried Justin.

\"I've found Cod. I'm a prawn again, Christian.\"

Archived