Sounder/ Fishing Recommendations?

BASSTURD

hey all, im heading to tinny and tackle show this weekend thinking of trying to score a bargain at the show and buy my first fish finder/sounder.

i cant help but want colour screen coz it looks effin sweet but is mono-chrome just as good, i know mono-chrome as been around for ages but i just want peoples opinions.

what units are you guys using and how are they going for you??

cheers

Hayden.

In general there arent too many specials at the T&T show. You may be better off seeing if whitworths have there sale that they normally do at the same time as they have had some good discounts in the past.

Worth a look at the T&T show.

I have a humminbird 385cxi and its fantastic. Color sounder with built in GPS. Cant go wrong.

When i upgrade sounder im looking at something along the lines of a hds5 $700 from bias boating. although havent dont much research into what model to buy / where to get the best price

HDS5 ??? come on khoi you need a HDS7 or maybe even a 10 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: totally pimp for your boat !!

Go the Garmin Echo 150 in colour. BCF have them on sale for $230 right now which is pretty good.

Nice small unit that is easy to use, if you want a base model to start with.

You can't beat side scan, but you also pay for them.

yea thats the exact one i was looking at but its only got a 3.5" screen, i was also looking at the garmin 300c fish finder just as cheap screen looks a lil bigger. fixed crossed they are even cheaper at the show, my whole build up is on a budget, its my first boat and first project that i havent lost interest in so im keen to keep the money spendings aslow as possible but keep the accessories good quality which is difficult to combine. cheers tho guys!

My old mans gotta garmin 300c and they are a good fish finder and the screen is more than big enough honestly you probably won't get that great a deal at the boat show but have a look but the Harmon's are a very good sounder

are you refering to Garmin 300c Fishfiner or Garmin 300c Echo, goes there is 2 different ones but i dont actually know the difference between them..

I've recently installed a Lowrance HDS-8 Gen 2 with structure scan and it's fantastic.

/>http://www.lowrance.com.au/Products/Marine/HDS-Gen2/
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/6-electronics/388732-lowrance-hds-8-gen2-or-998cx-si-combo

If u can stretch the coin I'd highly recommend it.

Hi guys, Bassturd the 300 c is the old analogue model, the echo 300c is the new high definition model

I had the old one for 3 years and now have the new one it is fantastic, amazing little unit for the money.

It is normally $259 but is on special in the BCF Easter catelogue for $229 i believe.

Lowrance have bought out small units as well, these have a bigger range of units but are also much dearer.

Hope this helps, cheers wayne

Hi guys, Bassturd the 300 c is the old analogue model, the echo 300c is the new high definition model

I had the old one for 3 years and now have the new one it is fantastic, amazing little unit for the money.

It is normally $259 but is on special in the BCF Easter catelogue for $229 i believe.

Lowrance have bought out small units as well, these have a bigger range of units but are also much dearer.

Hope this helps, cheers wayne

cheers wayne thats excellent i can finally stop wondering the difference, i also noticed today on the Garmin website that the 300c fish finder and 500c is now discontinued, i assume its like you said with older analogue model. thanks heaps for that your a legend.

cheers Hayden

Hayden

FYI I went with a Humminbird 798si bought it online in November through ebay for about $950, you will get it at the show for about $1450/1500.

Good product except transducer mount already needs replacing ($15). Side imaging and down imaging great to find structure.

Buying online gives you the US model in feet and you run the risk of warranty issues.

Craig

Archived