hervey bay longtail sesh with "bargy"

reel mate

I headed up to hervey bay late friday night with a couple of mates to meet up with bargy and chase some longtail tuna. We met bargy at 6:00am and headed straight up the western side of fraser for an hour and a half to platypus bay. It did not take long before we found the birds and feeding tuna and we were into them.

post-8991-144598778175_thumb.jpg

post-8991-14459877819_thumb.jpg

The longtails were not fussy taking just about everything we threw at them including Zman jerk shads, snapbacks, damiki armourshads, slugs, and surface poppers. We counted around 30 longies boated all day.

post-8991-144598778197_thumb.jpg

post-8991-144598778203_thumb.jpg

The action was fast aand furious all day long, and the bust ups were never out of sight. Sharks were not really a problem on the day except for one instance where an least 3m long bronzie? stole a tuna about to be boated right in front of us (awesome).

i wouldnt of minded trying for a big golden trev, but we were having to much fun.

We also ran into crazy walrus just south of rooneys. Nice rig mate.

Guys if you ever get an opportunity to get up to hervey bay search out bargy and give it a shot. He really knows his stuff.

Thanks for reading.

Dave

Hmmm i fired off an email to Bargy, apparently he is off to weipa for a few weeks, however does have a guide in the area over the time I am on Fraser.......

Will have to talk to the Mrs about it tomorrow!

Hey Reel mate it was an incredible couple of days action. You should have shouted out. These guys have a few boats. What an awesome rig the Galeforce are for chasing stuff in the bay.

I will get a report up when I can get the video together.

Monday was really hard chased Tuna from up past Roonies to moon point. What looked like tuna busting up was Long Toms.

Hmmm i fired off an email to Bargy, apparently he is off to weipa for a few weeks, however does have a guide in the area over the time I am on Fraser.......

Will have to talk to the Mrs about it tomorrow!

Try to get out with Craig he is an awesome guide and runs one of the other boats of Bargys. I hear there are some epic queenies cruising the flats at the moment too :evil:

Archived