Ad that pretend to be a window, the 'x' does not close it

Aggro101

Personally I have no problem with paid advertising on a website. Without revenue, wonderful sites like these would eventually close. However, deceptive ads that are clearly designed to trick a user into going to a website they did not want to, is mearly going to drive the users away, especially new users/visitors. I refer to the pop up ad that has appeared recently after logging on to this site. It is an obvious attempt to replicate a window with the well known 'x' at the top where you would normally close the window. I am sure most people have clicked it, not seeing the small and somewhat hidden x above it and been directed to another website they did not knowingly choose to open.

This is spam wrapped in trickery, plain and simple. I urge the owner/s of this site to enforce advertising rules preventing this type of deceptive advertising that open new pages under false pretence.

If I did not already know and trust this website and this ad appeared when I came here for the first time, I would have closed the website on which the ad appeared and never gone back.

Archived