Big eye trevally in the Gold Coast Canals

Hein

Hey guys.

Wanted to share this pic of a 82cm big eye travally the misses caught in the Gold Coast canals out the back of home.

We were just fishing with prawns for bream out the back around 5pm and all of a sudden, we both see a MASSIVE boil up on the water and then mullet just going crazy and jumping out of the water. We were both stund and didn't know what was happening, then all of a sudden HER ROD starts going Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and it nearly spooled 2500 shamano stradic which had 6 pound braid on a 1-3kg shimano t-curve... She starts to get some line back, then just keeps taking off. After a good 25 minutes I see the fish on the surface about 2 metres away and was in shock!!! It was a massive 82cm big eye. After getting some still shots on the iPhone, we let the beast go to fight another day!!!

Very proud of her for getting the fish in considering how light the gear was!!! Shows you that you can catch big fish on very light gear!!!

Cheers

post-10615-144598790565_thumb.jpg

Yeah she was absolutely stoked!!! I was very happy for her (and VERY jealous!!!). After that fish, all I heard from her EVERY NIGHT was "Can we go fishing???"... I've created a monster!!! hahaha ;)

Better her asking than you having to ask "can i go fishing". Great catch especially on the light stuff

Top stuff mate, next time a boil up like that happens try a popper or a metal slug right into the middle of it.

You'll probably get into one or two before they all settle down.

It doesn't happen too often, but its a bloody awesome sight when it does!

Archived