Battery Charging and connections

daveylad

I'm electronically challenged so If anyone can help with this I'd be obliged, My batteries are in a tight spot and when it comes to charging they are awkward to get too and connect the terminals of the C-Tec marine charger, I'd like to make some terminal for them permenant so that I can just hook up at any time.

Q. the selector selects battery 1or 2 or both, if I select both and the charger is attached to the No1 battery will it charge both batteries 1 and 2 together?

Q2. Can I make some terminals on the batteries and leave them so that they are long enough to easily attach when I need too and can later connect to the charger? I would have them insulated so they dont touch anything or each other

Any ideas would be great,Thanks

Dave :huh:

If you grabbed a couple of Anderson Plugs and cut off the clamps on your charger and put in a Anderson plug so you then have a choice of using the plug or clamps.

Leave a foot of wire attached to the clamps when you cut them and then fit the plugs.

Then fit a Plug onto the pos of the battery switch and neg to a battery or neg bus bar.

That will feed the charge into the switch and then you can use the switch to direct the charge to either or both batteries.

post-3606-144598791888_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of my setup. The cables run from the battery through the floor to an Andersen plug. A second Andersen plug connects to a block of wood with two stainless bolts in it which I clip my charger terminals to. The loose Andersen plug you can see runs to my electric motor. Simple to make and use.

Marty

[attachment=49991]IMG_0240.jpg[/attachment]

Here is a pic of my setup. The cables run from the battery through the floor to an Andersen plug. A second Andersen plug connects to a block of wood with two stainless bolts in it which I clip my charger terminals to. The loose Andersen plug you can see runs to my electric motor. Simple to make and use.

Marty

geeze.thats ummm different

Archived