Lost 25 packets of S.P,s

rayke1938

Courtesy of Australian Customs. I purchased a mixed bundle of lures,hooks, jig heads and soft plastics from USA on ebay. Cost me $7us for the bundle and $25 us for the postage.

The whole lot arrives minus 25 packets of soft plastics but with a letter from customs saying that they have been inpounded as a possible disease risk and asking me to provide the following.

A declaration from the manufactures of the lures and be

on the manufactures letterhead

signed by an appropiate employee whose name,title and contact details also appear

dated and free from erasures and alterations

written in english

specific to the relavent product by name : and contain the correct statements as required by the relavent icon case.

The declaration must state that they are 100%mineral or synthetic in nature and id not derived from animal,plant or microbial origin.

Their reason of confiscation is given as \" marked as salt added,or chemical attractant and other packets do not state if impregnated or not.

I rang them ( STD to Sydney) and obtained a list of the ones impounded they include

Assalt sand worms

Pro bait sand worms

Kalims

Berkley Power grub

Berkley Gulp

Mr Twister

Outlaw Baits

Zac Fishing tackle

Bassin Man

Strike king

Strangle some of the above brands were permitted.

And two of the furbit frog lures clearly state on the packet that they have rabbit fur in their construction.

I will attach a photo of the lot that arrived

I will probably jus cut my losses as it would be a pain in the proverbial to write to each manufacturer individually.

Ray

that would be a pain i got a gps delivered from the us and luckily had no problems but aftrer i payed for it someone told me that they can also charge you a tax on it, i have been buying an awesome lot of lures from a goldcoast supplier off ebay called \"Saltwater Lures\", risk free

Gaz

It was a one off buy from a deceased estate who didnt even advertise it in the correct catergory. That is why I got it so cheap. I am just a little supprised at the inconstincy of the customs officer allowing some items through and stopping others that are already available in Australia.

Ray

Good score still but yeah sounds like someone in customs liked them better than you (as Elli stated) :evil:

Gaz

Ps made a stainless box for the sawdust/wood chips and I'm smokin :woohoo:

cheers bud karma to ya

Post edited by: Gazza, at: 2007/08/01 15:45

Ray , was that a seller by the name of anything4sports? looks very similar to some stuff I just received.

Really bad luck on the SP's mate

I recently bought 8 packets of powerbaits (sdred34) and the seller warned me not to buy too much as he'd similar problems sending it to OZ in the past

luckily mine got thru ok.

Probably more of a risk having the parcel inspected when theres a fair assortment and some of those SP's do get a bit smelly.

cheers

Mojo

I have some stuff coming from them too but that lot cost me around $60 from memory so I suppose I will lose some of it also. Did you lose any or did it all get through? I quite often get things opened nut this is the first time they have confiscated any of it.

Ray

Ray, all the stuff I got this time was hard tackle , hooks, line, spinnerbaits so probably wasn't considered a risk and it all came thru.

Maybe with SP's its better to stick with small amounts of well known brands or just put up with the high aus prices.

Btw I'm impressed with that cheap western filament braid,300 metres for around $6 its very thin and also has a nice smooth coating, time will tell I guess, going to try some at the pin on sunday.

Those HH spinnerbaits dont look too flash eh?, very poor jighead on them but the blades look ok and cant complain for $1 each.

Cheers

Archived