Bream Fail / Bass Win !!! .... new PB

jgarner447

Hey guys , well i went out at around 8am to try catch some bream, after 3 hours i had not caught a thing, had heaps of lil rats following me in but no takers so i thought id go for a walk and try near the launching ramp second cast....BAM !!!! ....i caught a tree....yeah you thought i was gonna say caught a bream didnt you lol and well that was the end of another sx40 as it left my collection and decided it wanted to live in the tree more lol so i though stuff it , im goin bass fishing .... where i feel at home and i actually know what im doing , the air pressure was also 1022 which is AWESOME for bass but the season is pretty much over so i thought that may be a problem , anyway i went to my fav spot and the cranka crank did no good so i put on a gulp banana prawn and though i new the right spot where they would get smashed.....well first cast and i feel a WHACK then my drag starts screaming, so i tightened it up and tried to direct it away from all the snags and there was alot, i was also only using 4lb braid and 5lb leader so i was scared.....anyway after about 1 min i got her in and she measured 44cm ,my new PB she was in bad condition tho tail was ripped up and fin was smashed up, pretty sad to see :( but at least it was still feeding so thats a good sign , must have recently gone over the dam wall ....so i released it and continued fishing this time i threw a cast in my fav snag but accidently went over an over hanging branch and BANGGGG i got smashed, this thing was HUGE it wound me around some snags and i pondered about how i was gonna win this as my line was also caught on the over hanging branch , so i stripped off and in i went, got my line off the branch and started to pull him out of the other snag and all of a sudden ....SNAP ....GONE !!!! dam 5lb , the same thing happened about 20 min later with another horse of a fish and the same outcome then about 30 min later i spotted a massive eel and i thought it could be fun so i threw a cast at him and watched him eat my prawn and gave him a good old whip of the rod and it was on lol shot off like a rocket to try snag me which i pulled him away from then he came back at me and wrapped me round a branch and it was all over lol was fun tho , i didnt actually think id get it in , heres some pics of the bass i got anyway, shame about the 2 i lost as i reckon they would have been pushin the 50cm mark, they had some power , always next time,

Enjoy, Jase

p.s was good to catch up and have a chat with you ant

post-9836-144598799329_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598799339_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598799346_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598799352_thumb.jpg

post-9836-144598799359_thumb.jpg

Archived