where to take elderly parents to catch whiting (4.2 tinny)

myself62

My parents love whiting so I want to take them somewhere to catch some, because they aren't young I don't want to take them to far, It has been a long time since I have chased whiting.

Is the mouth of the Brisbane river still good for it?

Best rig set up and bait?

Or am I better of driving to Redcliffe and fishing there? if so, where should I boat fish?

Mate as stated in earlier posts the mouth of Pine river and the mouth of the Caboolture river have some real good sand banks that people are always fishing for whiting on.

Good luck with it I think it is great you are taking the olds out with ya. I would give anything to be able to take my parents out for a day on the water. May the weather be perfect and the fish willing for them ;)

Try hays inlet we have been catching hundreds the last 6 weeks.

Best at high tide right up in line with the green zone marker from the chanell to the port bank. We have just been drifting until we find them and then try and stay close, buy worms from the bait shop at clontarf rip off at $8.00 a packet but if they catch you a feed its ok we have been buying two packets and catching 30 to 100 in as little as an hour. If you want a feed of whiting you cant go wrong but it is fishing.

Archived