kayak fishing

Lachie

hey guys im keen to head out on the holidays when im up the coast to go fishing on a kayak that im getting soon. id want to be going out to inner gneerings id like to catch some fish but im kinda not wanting to go out to far especially when im still learning all the ropes to it !!

id love to tag along with some people if they have hobies and we could go out for a fish .

does anyone know of any spots i should try im heading out from point cartwright i wouldnt mind catching some snapper or sweetlip.

regards,

lachie

how's your paddle fitness? Reckon you can make it back in if the wind picks up from the west and starts blowing you out amongst the container ships?

Is your kayaks capabilities up to the big swells and winds that you might encounter? Unless you have a fair bit of time in a yak already, I would not recommend tagging along with other more experienced yakkers.

Stick to the estuaries around the Sunny Coast. You can still catch a quality feed and much less likely to die.

Sorry to be doom and gloom, but my reasons are a little selfish. Sooner or later someone will go out deep chasing the big one, being inspired by reports and tv shows of yakking offshore, and get into trouble and die. Then the government will, in a knee jerk reaction to the fatality, impose unworkable and ineffective laws to keep us all "safe."

Archived