Shrimp Traps

Feral

Bought some shrimp traps today from Amart, got sick of waiting for them to go on special (down to my last two), so bought a couple at regular prices. (Which no doubt means they will go on special tomorrow!)

Ray was going to put a a thread showing how to modify them to make them eel proof, but never got around to it.

I will probably modify mine next weekend, so I will put up some \"how to shots\" then. Here is how they come.

shrimptrap.jpg

Was thinking of buying a couple of these and setting them up overnight in the little creek down the back of Moss street/slacks creek area.

Its more than likely full of toxic waste but would be a good experiment just to see if anything actually lives in it.

shrimp shrimp shrimp!!!

i am keen to get some shrimp before next freshwater session.

i got some at 1 per dollar last week which make the use of them pretty nerve stretching. r there any shrimp sold on the \"shrimp for sommerset\" post? i really wanna grap some!

if not, where around brisbane can i trap some? better to be with in 40 mins drive.

thanks

Hey Gaz, we used to use soap aswell down the murray...it really does work well if you have nothing else.

Another one is to shine a bright torch into the weedbeds at night, they are attracted to it like squid. wait for the little red eyes to start appearing and scoop em out.

Not as easy as it sounds though, those little buggers are quick:P

Do eels get them do they!?

That would make sense cause I always find that after about an hour of the trap in is when I get the most prawns. After that the number always decline but I always just assumed that they worked out how to get out?

Joel ;)

Archived