2 flatties, few bream, whiting, flounder, tailor and 2 girls

taib

Well, with the shop sold and more time living a normal life again Twinky and I decided to venture down to the southcoast near the border for a flick.

Our first session was on Sunday arvo around 3pm. Twinky was quick to load his gear up with bonito on the hunt for some bream, but i was on a mission to catch a few more fish on lures.

Stuck on a damiki sp in moebi color and after 3 casts, a few solid runs with a crowd standing behind me, up comes a nice size flatty.

While i was tackling this flatty twinky was busy with a nice size flounder that he had caught.

Being excited, i was quick to get stuck back into it, then few mins later, i was onto another nize size flatty! This one was a bit smaller but didnt want to give up without a good fight.

These size flatties are fun on 2lb main, and 10lb fluro leader.

Twinky in the meantime was busy with constant bream hookups then a nice tailor.

cur.jpg

cur1.jpg

cur2.jpg

curtwins.jpg

went back again on Wednesday arvo arriving at 4pm to see quite a few fishos around the area. One guy had been fishing there for about 20mins with no success. First cast with slow retrieve and a few hops with short pauses, i was onto a nice legal whiting. And that was it for me for the night.

Twinky on the other hand, was tied up having a good ol yarn with a few friendly ladies who was asking him for advice on fishing. He called it advice, i called it flirting...

Here i am busy trying to catch fish and he was trying to get... well i guess you can call em a different type of fish too :)

His line gets tangled with one of the girls, and normally fishos get annoyed when this happens, but Twinky seemed to be more than happy! He kept saying that it was "meant to be" as this brought them together but kicked himself all night as he didnt get their numbers after they left. LOL.

This is the second time within a year that girls have come upto us while fishing and started making themselves feel at home! The first time, for those who remember, bought drinks and a picnic mat for us and kept us company for the entire night session.

Anyway, pic of the whiting

whit.jpg

whit1.jpg

whit2.jpg

Cheers

post-4323-144598841772_thumb.jpg

Mate having no time on your hands for the past twelve months has made you the king of the short sharp session. You're the only bloke I know who takes 10 mins to catch as many fish as most of us do in a day! :P

Well done and good to see you're getting out a bit more mate! :)

Archived