finally broke the sp shackles

bulldogs195461

left the cold hill(toowoomba)at 4am,to persevere with sps again,had a secret spot kindly recomended from a fellow forum member,arrived at 6ish found the spot,so commenced my education from the bank again,5th cast bang,bloody hell im on,landed a 40 cm flattie,still got my grin on,got him on a 1/8 with 3cm bloodworm scales powerbait.

after a time exploring this area i drove to coomera lake ,just to see it for the first time,tried again on the sps and got this little fish,looks like a bream.could someone confirm this for me,but anyhow just shows by asking questions,listening,bloody failing but going back for more,you can learn even in your 50s,thanks all.john

another thing i learnt was after reading bush n beach mag,i think it was chief gave a technique for freeing snagged lures,said it worked 90% ,well i used it about a dozen times and never lost a lure,.so if anyone else read it,it works.

post-8493-144598841985_thumb.jpg

post-8493-144598841995_thumb.jpg

Nice work on your first plastic catch mate, gets easier as your confidence grows and you start to see results. Is that in the spot I pm'd you by any chance? If so casting right off the corner diagonally is where I've generally got the flatties as they seem to like the little hole.

ive been hooked for ages,just had all these jigsaw bits that needed to line up,finally they did,and today i didnt lose my $50 bucks worth of lures lol.i did go close though,i have a habit of forgetting about trees.no linc ive still got my L PLATES on when it comes to fishing,funny thing is i havent taken a shine to the dams,but the estuaries suit me logistacily when i acess my 2 bigger boys.john

Archived