dissapointed with Amart

troutfish

hi guys,

thought i would share. in tackleworlds current catalouge, they have agreat deal, a stradic 2500, and a shimano raider rod, for 200 bucks. great deal i thought, but every qld store is outta stock.

so , i tried melb, and they still have them, hooray! before i ordered from melb, i thought i'd try amart. they claim that they will beat any price.

amart flatly refused to meet the tackle world price, despite thier claims of lowest proce guarenteed. theit story was that tackle world bought the rods and reels together, at a great price.

fair enough i suppose, but my problem is, amart claim to beat any proce, but pull out when another tackle store buys well.

i reckon this is poor. in the end, i bought the combo from a store in melb, and i'll be buggered if i'll set foot in an amart again.

it's in their catalouge, i just reckon it's a cop out. no biggie really, cos i still managed to get it. i just expected more from what is a large business, and spruiks it's \"lowest price guarentee\"

bloody good deal from tackleworld though! i tink it's because the new model stradics are nearly here

troutfish wrote:

it's in their catalouge, i just reckon it's a cop out. no biggie really, cos i still managed to get it. i just expected more from what is a large business, and spruiks it's \"lowest price guarentee\"

bloody good deal from tackleworld though! i tink it's because the new model stradics are nearly here

I work in retail and that \"matching\" offer is usually only if the opposition has the product in stock, so you would have missed out anyway:(

You could always ring the head office and stir a bit, you never know? or call consumer affairs about false advertising-flight centre got into a lot of trouble over the gaurantee they used to have

If I am worried about price, I give my business to whoever offers the cheapest price first up, dont believe in this price matching stuff, coz they are still ripping off the average punter who does not know to ask for a cheaper price.

You will also notice that a lot of the companies that offer these deals, the stuff they sell is a slightly different model,)read different model number on same product) or packaged slightly differently so they can claim it is not the same product being sold cheaper elsewhere. Hardware's are particularly good at that one.

I generally wander into Amart and have a look at their prices before going next door to Big W, makes me feel good about the prices I am paying at Big W!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/19 05:42

I went into Amart yesterday they have a sale on at the moment. (Tweed Heads)

There was a young bloke working at the fishing section I have to say he knew his stuff, was really helpful with \"SP\"

& jigheads even told me a place to give them ago.

But in saying that I still brought my last real off ebay at a better $$ .

feral, yeah, i agree, if someone has gone the effort of offering a good price, they deserve the business. in this case the gear was out of stock in the qld stores, but available from interstate stores. ijust didnt want to have to wait a week:)

like i said, i manged to get the outfit from vic, so no drama, and tackle chains like amart need a good stir up from time to time anyway:evil:

it's certainly no reflection of the guys who work in these stores.

Archived