its raining its poring

faulked

so where do we catch a fish in the rain whats your ideas on how to change fishing styles or species to catch a fish in the rain

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/08/19 12:00

assuming anyone is old enough to remember the wet stuff that falls from above;)

Post edited by: faulked, at: 2007/08/19 12:42

One thing I have always used to do down south is change to worms (really havent experienced much rain since moving to QLD in 04) and fish near where runoff enters the river, used to be great for trout and perch in the fresh but used to catch some monster bream on Scrubworms straight after the rain as well. Flooded backwaters used to be a spot I'd frequent as well.

I have allways found where the tidal spot meets is a good spot. Where the brown water meets the clean water.

Tweed River mouth comes to mind, on the incoming tide the water is so distint it looks like there is a dividing wall between the water. I got a GT there once on a hook full with about 6 yabbies on my old beach rod. When the fish hit, the reel spun so hard it just about snapped my wrist. But I landed him. Good spot to run lures through too.

my local creek ussually fires up with the bream with the rain. i just sit out from the little feeder creeks where all the shrimp and stuff are getting flushed out flick little lures out...i get some really nice quality bream most rainy days..once i had a awesome session in the rain up here with 26 legal bream landed on the same lure!...

Brian D wrote:

I have allways found where the tidal spot meets is a good spot. Where the brown water meets the clean water.

Tweed River mouth comes to mind, on the incoming tide the water is so distint it looks like there is a dividing wall between the water. I got a GT there once on a hook full with about 6 yabbies on my old beach rod. When the fish hit, the reel spun so hard it just about snapped my wrist. But I landed him. Good spot to run lures through too.[/quote

mate thats prime jewfish on lures, time, place and conditions, used to use big red and white feather troling jigs casting them on surf rods and work them along the colour changes:woohoo:

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/08/19 18:57

Archived