Brizzy River 19/8/07

chubbstar

Was'nt going to report this but thought what the hell.:blush:

Yesterday I had a fish in the river, put in at Fishermans Isle at around 8:45am.

I anchoured up across from the last wharf down river.

Floated a whole pilly with small running sinker down to the hook. The bait was moveing around in the current.

I had the drag set very light while I set up another rod. As I was setting it up my pilly started peeling off line, I dropped the rod and grabed the pilly. Set the drag to about 10 pound and the line was still screaming off, the rod was loaded up nicely and all was well. I could feel the head shakes of the fish and held on for dear life. It started to head for open water and was slowing down, I begain to get back line. Then it hit the toe again another 20mtrs of line lost. Then gain line back still lots of head shakes. Then nothing...... I wind in the loose line and there on the end was a knot, the same knot that I tied the hooks on with.:ohmy:

Before I put the hooks on I noticed a small gap between the shank and eye. I closed it up with my pliers and thought \"that'll do\". The friggen line must have slid between the gap.:pinch:

Lesson learned the hard way.:(

Bye far the best fight I've had since being here. I still have no idea what it was, the head shakes and run was great. Shark? Jew? Big snapper?

I've never caught any of theese fish so I can only guess. Any ideas?:huh: I finnished up with a little taylor. Was back home by 10:30 I think

Still had fun, got a bit wet though ;)

Mate I never landed my biggest fish either, but it gave me a good half hour of excitement.

Still a good story. I've haven't caught a Jewie yet but I could relate your story to the characteristics of a snapper.

You could've put the tailor back out to see if some more jew were around (if it was a jew).

Archived