Getting Gulp OFF the hook!

Pelican

Does anyone else have a problem with this? You change lure or swap rod and by the time you get home you have a collection of dried up gulps. The jig head is perfectly fine, but the only way I have found of getting it back is to cut off the dried gulp. Sounds easy but its a very tedious and time consuming activity. A dried gulp has the consistency of tough leather.

Just the price you pay for using gulp? Or is there a more efficient way of removing the dried up gulp?

I have Only used gulps a couple of times, dont like the smell or feel of them, also I did not catch anything on them, so only use real plastics anyway. So is not an issue for me.

However I always \"derig\" whatever setup I am using before heading home.

I thought about the coke idea but I’m worried that this may rust the hooks? I do try to remove the gulp before they dry but on the boat I often forget or it’s just not practical whilst quickly swapping tactics.

Thanks for the tip on gulp alive I don’t think It would take too long for the $29 to pay for itself if the stuff actually works.

A gulp is just a well sculptured sponge. They soak up water just as well as they soak up gulp juice.

Soooooo just chuck the head complete with withered gulp in a tub of water and by morning you will have a nice fat juicy gulp again.

I often chuck them into the dogs water (minus hooks!) after drying for a couple of days and they always come good.

I normally have a small container on board with sea water in it. As you swap and change your plastics around just chuck them in there and they will stay soft. Couple of drops of aniseed in the water and you are in business for your next trip out. Have stored them like this for about 2 weeks max.

Waiting on someone else to buy some 'Alive' and report on it before I shell out some hardearned. Looked at them and you dont seem to get a 'bulk' quantity of lures when buying in 'bulk'

yea got a tub of the 3' minnow a couple weeks back, well not bad using i can see it's a bit softer and doesn't dry up that easy which is a good thing. My mate andy bought a tub of the strimp so we swapped about 10 each and i just put them in the same container, the only problem i have with that is the leaking problem is anyone find that too?

and i counted my minnow it has 38 minnows in the tub...so it is like buying 3 packs and gives you a couple extra :laugh: not sure about the strimp thou my mate didn't count and they look less then 38 from just looking outside from the package

Archived