Boomerangs?

Ash

As Angus said, Predatek make these lures. They come in a variety of sizes, like Boomerang 65, 65 Ultra Deep, 80 and 80 Ultra Deep. Some of the stores I know that sell them are BCF, Jones' Tackle and Tackleworld. From memory they are about $15

I've only used the ultra deeps variety, which (in the 65 size) dive to 7 metres. You can see more information about them here: http://www.predatek.com/b65ud.htm

As the site says, due to their bib they have a tight action, and coupled with the shape of their body which, funnily enough is like a boomerang, dive down to their 7m trolling depth very quickly.

I've used them in Hinze, Baroon and Ewen Maddock. I've had good success with them in Ewen and Baroon. My favoured colours are the purple or pink ones. However other members have mentioned Black Beetle and hot tiger as successful colours.

OK, how to reply without writing a novel? Actually Terry has done very well, Good on yer!

Boomerangs come in two body sizes, 65mm & 80mm. Each body is available in four models, each with a different bib making it run at different depths.

These are designated B65S, B80UD, etc. B for Boomerang, 65 for body size and S for shallow, UD for ultra-deep, etc.

The shallow running 80mm however is the exception be so different in action it has its own individual name, the Jindivik.

For bass in lakes the B65UD is outstanding though at times I run the B65D when fish are showing up in a shallower thermocline (as in the pic of Nathan Podlich in my big bass article).

I run the B65UD on 4lb Platypus SuperBraid and have them bumping the bottom in 8m of water. My fav' colours for local bass include:

deep purple

black beetle

redhead

daly river gold

At times fire tiger, hot tiger and zebra kick butt too.

The 80mm are deadly on cod (and big goldens). We use the medium depth model for casting in the rivers and for trolling the fringes of the lakes. It gets down to about 4.5m when trolling (much deepr than rated on the packet). Stand out colours for cod are;

hot tiger

fireball red

yellow tiger

kakadu tiger

We use the shallow 65 for casting to jacks in the salt and for trolling flathead, estuary cod, trevally, etc.

The big 80UD comes into its own when fish are really deep. We use them at Awoonga in summer and troll them for mackerel when the schoolies are hanging deep.

A list of the fish Boomerangs catch would look like the index from Grant's guide to fishes!

Here's a teaser for you though. A Somerset cod on a B65D in hot tiger.

sset_cod_b65d.jpg

Schultzy wrote:

Aaron, We'd never rub it in and highlight the fact that even girls catch them.:whistle:

Hahahahahah I read it Aaron hahahahah \"even girls catch em\" but not Aaron hahahahhaha:P

I know for a fact girls catch em. In fact the only one I have only caught is claimed by wifie, but she didn't hold onto the rod and I lost my best outfit over the side of teh boat. So I am worse off then you Aaron -I am in the negative:blush:

Archived