Mangrove jack help!

sari96

Before everyone else jumps on this if you're looking for Jacks Tingalpa Creek would be the hardest spot to catch one not saying they're not there but very hard to find and catch. You're on the Bayside and have access to a yak persist with Raby Bay as they're in there and fish on the bottom of a run out tide and time that with an early morning or late arvo and you're in with a chance. Lure wise most diving style hardbodies will get there attention and no brand is really any better than the other, also shad style plastics around the 4" size (eg Zman Swimmers) are good also. Cast at anything that looks really snaggy and along the front and back edges of pontoons and also across the front of canal junctions are worth some attention. Having said that i've yet to land one out of Raby Bay but they're definetly in there and of a healthy average size.

Cheers

Mark

Do you never learn mate??? SEARCH THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is so much info on this exact question its not even funny. Start with these threads, i found them in a 5 second search.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/lures/434270-what-s-your-favourite-jack-lure#440528
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/tackle-rods-and-reels/433609-mangrove-jack-line-leader#433815

Mmmm there's no updated threads for tingalpa creek jack's, so older threads will not help me sorry :whistle:

The tackle required doesn't change over time, a jack is a jack and a decent one today will still destroy you the same as one would have 12 months ago....

Mark (plasticfantastic) has given you some good advice and you would be wise to listen to it.

Dont be stupid Ant, he wants to know about the super latest invisible to jacks 400lb twisted wind on fluorocarbon leader (its ok, its invisible!)

Of course! How stupid of me :pinch:

The only advice I will give you mate, is keep casting, they are the kind of creature that you can go out 100 times for no bites then you might crack 5 in a session. Put the time in on the water and it will pay off, every location and situation is different so different things will work. We did pretty well last year, but am yet to boat a fish this season, they are a fickle creature but thats what keeps you going back for more.

I'm with Cheyne they are the thugs of the esturies but that doesnt mean they are easy to catch- I've been chasen just jacks over the last month an have landed 4 with 1 bust off easily 1000 casts for those 4 fish- as Cheyne said 3 of them came in one arvo in the space of 20 minutes so you never no when they will turn on like that- keep punchen casts all you can do

Before everyone else jumps on this if you're looking for Jacks Tingalpa Creek would be the hardest spot to catch one not saying they're not there but very hard to find and catch. You're on the Bayside and have access to a yak persist with Raby Bay as they're in there and fish on the bottom of a run out tide and time that with an early morning or late arvo and you're in with a chance. Lure wise most diving style hardbodies will get there attention and no brand is really any better than the other, also shad style plastics around the 4" size (eg Zman Swimmers) are good also. Cast at anything that looks really snaggy and along the front and back edges of pontoons and also across the front of canal junctions are worth some attention. Having said that i've yet to land one out of Raby Bay but they're definetly in there and of a healthy average size.

Cheers

Mark

+1

Archived