Melaluka ???

chubbstar

I see this brand on ebay all the time. It's realy cheap, anyone own a reel made buy these guys? Was thinking of giving one a go for the Missus:kiss: . A general outfit that she can catch lizards, Snapper and Bream on.

A cheap egg beater should do her.

What are you're thoughts?

Post edited by: chubbstar, at: 2007/08/27 02:55

i bought 3 of these cheapie ebay rods one at 4metres at6lb it died by being snapped in half in storage the only rod i ever lost this way then i bought an 8ft 6lb rod with interchangeable tips the rings on this died quick and i bought a 6ft 30kg stick which is great the big long floppy was a great rod a real shame it died the 8fter was a piece of crap that i hated some are nice rods just be picky cant recomend cheap reals though i like shimmano meself they seem to outlast everything

Ok this will sound a bit mean, but i bet they are heavy and average.

I have experimented a few times with ebay reels. I have found whenever they have those wooden handles they are poorly constructed. Also i fond no name brands to be very heavy. I know that sounds pedantic, but the point of buying a 1000 or 2500 class reel in the first place is for a more finesse style of fishing.

I think you are better off going to K-mart and buying whatever name brand is on special. Although it might not appear as shiny and cool, name brands have more of a rep to protect and are thus almost always put together much better.

Neil also mentioned the well known phrase \"you get what you pay for\". I totally agree with this. When i was younger and poorer id skimp at every opportunity. However this does in the end mean you just throw out more junk later. Spending a little more os a sound investment. If maintained to a reasonable standard good gear just simply lasts longer, thus in my opinion making it a better investment.

Ok ill end my ramble about there :)

Angus

A good statement I hear on Ifish and other like shows is \"Buy the best reel you can afford\" I spent $60 on my diawa and yes you can feel the difference, but would i notice much between this and a $500 airity???

We will see what affect time has on these reels... but as I said FOR THE MONEY ..well worth it ..

Archived