Daiwa saltist demon blood

Samwilly123

hello, I'm looking into getting a demon blood but i tossing up weather or not to go for the 72MH or the 64CJ. I'm looking at using it for light popping and casting slugs and stick baits as well as a small amount of jigging. i will be popping more than jigging thats why I'm leaning towards the 72MH, but I'm worried 7'2" is to long to jig with.

It's my first heavy tackle setup so i will be buying more in future depending on how much i go and how much i like it so i am after a versatile setup. it will be for GT/TUNA/KINGS/SNAPPER (i know its to light for big GT's so don't bother telling me haha) and any other fish you may come across with using these fishing styles. Has anyone used either or both of these and can give me some advice would be much appreciated. also its going to be paired up with a catalina 2012 4500-5000 depending on what i can get cheaper and 50lb daiwa tournament accudepth braid.

Hey bud demon blood would suit what ur chasing..I don't have 1 myself, but 1 of my mates do. Have u seen any of the shimano terez rods? They work pretty good for what ur chasing aswell. I have 1 and I catch all my tuna, kingies, mackerel and snapper on em. They have a good load up. Check out the 15-30lb

Cheers mo

7'2 isnt too long for jigging just harder work but will be alot better for throwing stickbaits. Looking at the specs the Demon Blood is pe 3-5 which would be overkill for Snapper and most Tuna around this area but better for Gt's. This is the sort of combos i like to use and have found it hard to find the one combo for all tasks you have mentioned but i find it better to fish lighter gear and have to work harder on the bigger fish than fish too heavy the whole time.

On a side note if you dont mind secondhand i looking at selling a Saltiga S-Extreme 76 Game for a similar price to a Demon Blood and it would suit your needs.

Cheers

Mark

all this style of fishing is new to me im looking at maybe up to 150grms poppers and light jigs i guess up to around 200grms. I've looked at the terez rods and i am a daiwa fan so i wont be pairing a daiwa on a shimano, just wont work haha. i looked at the monster mesh rods and the but sections on them seem way to long for my liking. i will eventually get both but i think I'm leaning towards the 6'4" for my first setup.

Archived