Brisbane Boating and Fishing Expo

namyau

is anyone going to this show - its starts this coming wed 29th and finishes sept 2nd

most of you guys will prob know already but yeah just a reminder for ppl that have forgotten....

jeryl and i will most likely be going this wed so yeah - would be good to meet some other members of the forum if anyone else is going

:laugh: Na mate, only stickers on my boat are AFO and thats the way it's gunna stay for now. But I'll be keeping the Bush'n'Beach ones aside. When I get a pic in the mag holding a ffh (Fish From Hell:evil: ) then I'll put the stickers on my boat, and car and missas car and house etc etc etc...;)

Actually talking about afo stickers I think got afo a couple of new members at the boat ramp this morning. They seen my stickers and I spoke to them about how helpfull the site is etc. They seemed rather keen:woohoo:

Bush N Beach are pretty good for getting your photo in, email them a pic of yourself with a nice fish, and you wont have much trouble.

I quite often send in pics and get them published (usually of unsuspecting friends and relatives, and let them come across their mug shots! when their mags arrive)

some days ill get that feeling like i know im not going to catch anything if its a nice day then ill stay put my feet up and watch the world go by if its a crap day i go home and jump on the net the only day i cracked i was giving up the smokes was cranky as hell got spat by about a metre of queeny cracked the shits cut my lines and sulked up the front of the boat for an hour before i went to the pub to get over it never again will that happen

Feral wrote:

chubbstar wrote:

First thing will be subscriptions to Bush'n'Beach

You just want a couple of those big bush n beach stickers for the boat!

Yeap for me Feral, good memory. The bonus probably wont be worth the drive but the show should be fun. All I got to do is get free tickets from work, which I haven't seen yet.;)

Call me a sinical old fart ,but i just don't get the boat show.All these suppliers of product want me & my family to visit the show & check out their gear, then stick my hand in my pocket and part with some of my hard earned.but they want me to pay $35 to look at their stuff:unsure: .Plus last time i went just to show the minster for war & finance what a ten foot roof top tinny was all about so i could find good 2nd handi ,ended up getting upgraded to a 5.25 m stacer,god i love that woman:cheer: So of course i will be going.B)

chubbstar wrote:

:laugh: Na mate, only stickers on my boat are AFO and thats the way it's gunna stay for now.

Thats till the pink frangipanni stickers arrive to match your pink rod/reel/braid/lure outfit!

Not going to get to the boat show as will run out of days before the big sojourn (is that the right word there?) up to Noosa and beyond!

:laugh: Keep going Booty and I'll shoot up to Bunnings and buy some PINK paint for the BBQ:P

:evil: Couple of pink stickers for the cop car?

See ya tomorrow (Thursday) for the bbq. I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure you got it. I'll re send it.

Back to the boat show, I've convinced the missus not to buy me anything for fathers day UNTILL the Boat show :cheer: I think I'm gunna have a good day :whistle:

Chubbstar, its not to late to tell the missus she can get \"a little something\" just so the kids have got something to give you in the morning along with your bacon and eggs. After all she would not want to disappoint them by saving it all up for the boat show!

:blink: OMG how awsome was that?

:woohoo: My first ever boat show and I loved it.

When we (wife,kids x2 and I) got there I was walking around looking at boats and tackle thinking it was good then I noticed that we had'nt even gone in yet:S :blush: .

Well payed and walked in the door someone gives me a bag with zinc cream and todays paper 10 steps in the door some nice lady:whistle: with a lovely smile and artficial reefs :blink: hands me a bag with odds and ends in it, after my wife gave her \"THE LOOK\" we was on our way.

After many stops looking at everything I could and being stopped more times than I care to remember by eager sales staff and even more eager raffle ticket sales people.:pinch: I found the Qld fishing monthly stall, Got my subscription for the year and bag of goodies.

By far the high light for me was the talk on Moreton Bay Jew by Brian Webb. This was the most informative and educational talk I have ever been to. I only wish I had a pad and pen to write some of it down. To be given info from a bloke that knows what he's talking about when it come to Jew was great.

After that I found the Bush'n'Beach stall and got my subscription with another bag of goodies.

My wife spent most the time laughing at me and calling me \"Tim the tool man\" because of all the noises I was makeing. oh oh oh grrr arghh, I need one, arghhh I want one :lol:

The funny thing is before we left my wife was making the same noises when she looked at a large Leisure Cruiser. \"arg ohhhhh I need one\", (Yeah hon when we win lotto :kiss: )

With Bloke's like Shultzy, Brian Webb and our own Angus writing for Bush'n'Beach I'll be putting the stickers on my boat asap!

I could keep going on and on about this, but I had better stop it here..... argh ohohoh gggrrr.

Went today, was pretty good but thought there'd be more fishing stores. Was hoping there'd be like a Berkley stand and a shimano stand etc. Ended up watching presentations and getting free stuff for a while. The old man won a sweet bass lure that'd probably cover his entry cost. I scored various magazines and dvds. Next year I reckon if I get there when they open and get a seat up the front during the day you could score the price of entry back ten fold in freebies.

Archived