28.12.12 - Moreton Bay Breaming

51MPL

Hey guys, went for a fish yesterday with Denis (keen as fisho). He's been up north all year and can't remember the last time we went for a flick so was good to get out and catch up with him.

Conditions were perfect in the morning, dunno why i didn't get a photo lol..

The fishing was slow to start - heaps of action on surface with bait jumping around but Den was only hooking moses perch haha

Things picked up once the tide started moving and the action was red-hot for a couple hours with heaps of bream landed and a few dropped along the way. The standout for the day were the Damiki DTSC hardbodies - the fish didn't seem to want any plastics yesterday. We used a variety of colours and i'll leave you with the pics.

Once the action slowed down went for a putt over to Dunwich to look for trevs but they didn't want to play the game. Denis hooked a rat kingy and i led it into deeper water and away from the structure with the leccy but it spat the hook after seeing the boat and taking another run - spewin.

Hope everyone had a merry christmas and a happy new year to everyone too.

DSC_0334_zpscb9a9c1e.jpg

DSC_0307_zps191bb9b6.jpg

DSC_0301_zpscebf25b7.jpg

DSC_0331_zps35774067.jpg

DSC_0314_zps959ff73c.jpg

Scroll down for more photos :)

Nice one mate.

I would have loved to been out there with you blokes but had to go test driving cars with the missus.

I hit up Tallebudgera at dawn for a few breambos off the surface.

You keen to hit the southern bay Wednesday morning? If the the wind stays down.

Nice one mate.

I would have loved to been out there with you blokes but had to go test driving cars with the missus.

I hit up Tallebudgera at dawn for a few breambos off the surface.

You keen to hit the southern bay Wednesday morning? If the the wind stays down.

No dramas Murray, at this stage i am working but if the wind stays down i might have to suffer some 5 knot flu.

Thanks Harry & Cookie.

Camera is just a Nikon d90 with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lense & Hoya polarising filter. Great beginner dslr combo which im hoping to learn a lot from and hopefully upgrade in the future. This setup won't break the bank and as I get better at fishing & photography will hopefully produce some good results.

Archived