Lake Burrendong 29/12/12

Dubbzy

Hi All,

My Dad lives in Orange NSW and recently upgraded his outboard (15hp - 25hp). He went to Lake Burrendong today which is about an hours drive away.

He trolled all the usual spots for 1 yellow and 1 redfin.

anyone down that way should check out this place, when full it is more than three times larger than Sydney habour! its currenlty about 50%

post-2093-144598897172_thumb.jpeg

post-2093-14459889718_thumb.jpeg

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/pests-diseases/freshwater-pests/species/redfin-perch/commonly-asked-questions

What should I do if I catch a redfin? Can I get fined for having redfin in my possession?

If you catch a redfin, we encourage that they are humanely dispatched immediately and utilised or disposed of in an appropriate manner. It is not an offence to release a redfin or any other noxious fish (either dead or alive) immediately if the angler wishes to do so, however it is preferred that they are not returned to the water live. It is not an offence to be in possession of a dead redfin which has been caught to take home.

However, it is illegal to be in possession of a live redfin in NSW (e.g. in a bucket, aquaria, keeper net, live well etc) and you can be fined. Anglers can only possess dead redfin. If anglers are retaining caught redfin the catch can only be stored dead (e.g. on ice in an esky).

Archived