Noosa Charter - Chilly D finaly made it.

Brian D

OK what a trip without a Chilly D moment?

I left home at 9am to go to the boat show at the Brissy Convention Centre before heading up to Deacon. Finished at the show in record time and was on my way, leaving the car park at 10.30am. Got to the car park exit and thought “crap which way I goâ€Â. Unsure I turned left, drove down the road a bit and ended up going past the place you Brissy people call the Gabba. Then somehow I was over near Manly, not sure how I got there but anyway I did a big circle and half an hour later I ended up at Gabba again. I saw a sign that said Stones Corner and thought “no that’s not right so I turned left again. Long story short after an hour I ended up heading home to Beenleigh with the intention of starting all over again but I managed to find my way north once I got to Springwood. I landed at Faulked’s place at 12.30. Not bad I thought 2 hours from Expo centre to Deacon. I don’t know how you Brissy people do it.

Good news – before heading off from Jayson’s place (faulked) I mentioned my concerns about finding Noosa and his wife says – “no worries, he’s a walking referdex. Jayson backs her up “yeap I know the way no fear, but if we get to a sign that says ‘No Dam’ we have gone too farâ€Â. Cool I said, feeling better we headed off.

About an hour later I see this sign on the highway that said “water levelâ€Â. So I turn to Jayson and said “what does that mean- is it some kind of protest or something?†Next sign says No Dam, then another and another. So I say “why do they put the sign here, are they a sympathy support vote for the poor buggers at Gympy? “

Next sign said Gympy and Jayson adds “I think we missed the turn offâ€Â. Dur, No sh!t Sherlock.

id just like to thank lozel for organising a fantastic trip ,brian for a great ride up to gympie its been a while since i saw the boramba dam turn off. its nice too have a sticky around even if you dont meen to :unsure::whistle: the breakfast went down great too.id like to thank everyone else for coming and making it a great day. cya all next time :cheer:

ps brian have you checked out that cd yet

We left home at 6pm and arrived at the hotel at 10:20pm, the trip including a late dinner around 8:45pm at the Caboolture BP KFC.:angry:

The bingle wasn't even on our side of the road!! - $%@#^ng rubberneckers:angry:

Then Reelchippy tells me that David Low way is closed so we would have to tackle the ridiculous roundabouts road.

Brian, if you'd left any later and encountered the traffic jam - you may have spent 8 hours getting there:lol:

lol its like a 20 minute drive from the gabbe to manly, let me guess you were heading east.....came to a dead end which we call 'the ocean' and said well i think im going the wrong way i better turn around and go back the exact same way :evil: ... if you were heading along wynnum road which i assume u were you would have driven past the 'motorway' which takes u to the sunshine coast mate.

Archived