Nice day for a dip.

JarrydA

On Saturday myself and dennis (keen-as-fisho) decided to hit up some new waters in search of a bass or 2.

We had high hopes of a few as neither of us had yet landed a bass in 2013.

We launched at around 4.45 after driving around for 30 mins trying to find a place to launch.

Setting off up some very fishy country we started casting at snags using surface lures.

I was first off the mark after just a few mins in the water, i knew the second i landed the cast that there would be a fish waiting, too bad they are a 1 in a hundred cast for me :blush: Quick pic and we moved on.

post-10420-144598911019_thumb.jpg

Not 2 minutes later, and Den is onto his first.

Things were looking good.

At the end of the pool, Den launched a huge cast upstream only to be hit on the drop and instantly bricked. :evil:

But there's no way he was going down without a fight, weather was warming, so Dennis went for a leisurely 6am dip :lol:

post-10420-144598911032_thumb.jpg

post-10420-144598911042_thumb.jpg

Not long after this Dennis pulled a nice 30+cm model from no more than 20cms of water!

post-10420-144598911053_thumb.jpg

After this there were quite a few portages, one almost ending in disaster when i fell down a hole with my rods in one hand and dragging the yak with the other :dry:

As we worked our way upstream there was a couple more fish hooked and dropped, until i hooked a very angry little bass. I swear i thought this fish was at least a 40cm model based off the fight, it went very hard after a massive surface explosion.

post-10420-144598911062_thumb.jpg

We decided to turn around just after this and the next portage looked too hard....

On the way back we picked up another small bass each ending the total on 4 bass each, 3 surface and 1 subsurface a piece.

Cheers for the day Dennis, was great to catch up again.

Thanks for reporting.

6am dip you can have by yourself.I'm a bit of a sook and don't swim for lures.I have this fear of diving down to get the lure off and getting jagged by the hooks and not getting back to the surface. :S

Nice Fishy looking creek, well done.

Archived