Another Fishing Charter - Am I jumping the gun?

bootyinblue

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaz, I am about to send off the deposit now to them to lock in the boat. There is no real 'due date' but the balance has to be paid to board. I will look at it about 11th October or so and chase up people for payments. Lets say full payments a few weeks out incase someone decides they are not going, a repoacment can be found in reasonable time.

Hows that? Also took a couple of pics of boat when I was there yesterday so will resize and post them in a second.

Gear - I take my own ugly stick with overhead loaded with braid. Just tie a snap swivel onto the end and use their leaders and tackle. Might chuck in a couple of hooks, just incase though.

External Transfer Receipt

Your transfer was successful

From Account 1029079S1 - G J BOOTH

To BSB Number 032576 - WESTPAC BANK

Account 221240 - OUT THERE CHARTERS

Reference (to Appear on Statement) AFO Charter Sun 18/11/07

Amount $500.00

Details Transaction Date/Time 24 SEP 2007 - 05:07pm

Receipt Number 443417852

Sent off an email to Dennis from Out there Charters about gear etc and will update when I get a reply. In mean time here are a couple of pics, and looks like there is no real need to joslte for position as appears to be complete walkaround with rod holders all round [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00051_AFO.jpg

post-1481-144598427529_thumb.jpg

Lozzel wrote:

Boy can I pick em or what, nice pic booty.

Brian ,to get you out of the POO, I'll take your spot. and I'll fix you up when I get back from NZ. :laugh:

Loz let me think about it for less then a second -ahhhh Nope I don't think that will be happening but Ferals Chook shed sounds good. Now that's a thought I might move into my own shed.

Please find following a reply to email I sent to Outthere charters.

Dear Greg,

Sorry for the delay we have been OUT THERE FISHING lol.

We have received your deposit of $500.00 thank you

We use Avery rods and reels penns and shimano,our hooks are 4/0-6/0 long shanks .

The guys are more than welcome to bring there own rods and tackle.

Look forward to seeing you on the day.

Kind regards

Dennis

I have enough problems with normal shank hooks,much less something with more length! But I am sure it will make the purists happy by using those hooks.. Does it?

Bump.... Just a quick reminder that I would like to get all payments squared away by 11th October so I can chase people up for money I havent recieved by the 18th. After the 18th will look at re-offering seats if for example you have had change of mind, not replied etc.

Guys, if you have a problem with paying by this time or something, drop me a quick PM and explain and we can sort out something. No need to display all your finances on the thread.

Getting back to the matter of outfits to use...I'm thimking about taking an outfit of my own on the Charter, but I'm not sure if it will be like taking a knife to a gun fight:P

I have recently purchsed a 6-8kg Silstar Monsoon Rod and a Okuma (Baitrunner) Travertine 55 reel and thought I might be able to give it a go on the charter.

I have bought some 10kg Platypus Lo-Stretch to go on one of the spools and some 6kg for the other.

Will the 250m of 10kg be enough?

That's the heaviest line I have ever fished and I don't have any gear that will handle bigger line with any substantial capacity (150m+).

Am I wasting my time with this gear?

Would be interested to hear people's ideas on this as I have little experience with this form of fishing.

Thanks

Rocket

PS Comeonnovember!

gday rocket i was using pretty much that gear on the last charter it did ok but i got bricked at the end the rod maybe fractionally light foir the line it does ok but i hae a slightly stronger wilson that im a bit happier with the silstar didnt quite have the stopping power on big fish i have an 80 series bait runner on mine okuma again same line nice rig for the bay good on the inner reefs great for floating out pillies etc bullies in the river but it cant stop a good cod from going back into the reef but hell its only 10 killo not 30:) also my bearing on my bail roller has died do you know if i can get a replacement

Thanks Faulked,

How old is the reel? Would need to know the full name (ie EDB80 etc) If you have the part # from the scematic drawing that would have come with the reel, then that makes life easier. Normally if the part is still made, we can arrange it as a customer order - spare part.

I reckon I will take my combo and give it a go, maybe for floating baits. I would rather be undergunned and feeling the bites than using a \"broomstick\" if the bite is hard to detect...but if there are some monsters around, I'll give the light gear a miss. Oh how I wish that there will be lots of monsters around!

I've got another operation before then to remove the wire holding my thumb joint in place, and then some physio I suppose, but I'm dead keen to be good to go for this trip.

See ya instore sometime.

Rocket.

Should we look at trying to bring any of our own tackle for this trip or do we just put our trust in the charter boat having gear that will suit of the right quality. We don't do this type of fishing and our gear is very light. Should we just bring some hooks anyway in case.

I have sent PM's to the people who have not paid any money for the charter as of todays date.

I am sure they will be good for the money and seat on the boat, but whats the group consensus about a cut off date if I dont hear anything to offer the seat to the reserves list, bearing in mind they might have to re arrange things to attend too.

Here's my 2 bob.

If you guys have previously booked a seat and things have changed, that's OK just let Booty know asap.Don't feel bad or embarressed. Certianly don't leave the site over it.

Don't leave it too long or too late to get a replacment. A cut off date is a deadline that must be adhered to or there is no point in having it.

I say 2 pm's and a final open warning on the forum. If no response watch out for your karma and the seat is gone.

:dry: :blink: :ohmy:

There are only 2 guys that have not contacted me, or paid a deposit, or paid in full. Mick has a mobile number so will give him a call and exhaust all avenues. Does anyone have contact details or anything for Bud? Including site admin, are you able to contact on an alternate email address if supplied. He has not logged in for a few weeks now according to his profile.

Archived