Cyclone Fishing with success :)

wesfish

Well what wonderful weather was forecast for my Bday week fishing trip, We headed to yeppoon and managed one day at great keppel island as the waves and wind were crazy shinizel and the destination of Child and barren to chase GT was off the cards. Set a shark line out for fun with a half bonito on it. 10 mins in and the stradic 5000 starts to scream. i called it for a decent shark of around 1.2 mtrs until i got it bat side and was greeted with an awesome black jew :woohoo: :woohoo: at 127cm and 20kgs its a PB that will take a while to beat..

post-4300-144598930622_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930634_thumb.jpg

we fished the local creeks to get out of the wind and waves for some lil jew

post-4300-144598930641_thumb.jpg

decision was made to leave yeppoon on day 3 due to cyclone sandra :S :(

we made our way to gladstone to ice coffee water :( oh well lets give it a crack any way. we worked sp's and i came up tight with this critter

post-4300-14459893065_thumb.jpg

:woohoo: i all so hooked another but lost it boat side and mick lost 2 barra :( after casting for 2 days for lil result we left gladstone and headed to hervey bay

first afternoon found a lil spotty

post-4300-144598930659_thumb.jpg

then found a nice GT on a sp and my bass gear chronarch 50e with 15lb fins. This was an epic battle and some how managed to chase it down and land it.

post-4300-144598930668_thumb.jpg

the next 3 day was spent in the bay with some awesome action on tuna with sharks and lots of small macks. mick got his first longie

post-4300-144598930674_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930686_thumb.jpg

more pics to come :)

some more pics

i was sharked twice on the tuna before i upgraded to 50lb and ended a fight withing 5 mins giving the sharks no chance

post-4300-144598930695_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930706_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930715_thumb.jpg

on the last night i put the 10lb spin outfit with a small squid on it for hope of a lil fish for a feed.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz then up popped this

post-4300-144598930721_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930729_thumb.jpg

and here is some other lil critters

post-4300-144598930738_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930744_thumb.jpg

post-4300-144598930753_thumb.jpg

You are the man Wes with either Mick or your old man as very able deckies you put the runs on the board on the coast in central qld each year lately and your just holidaying there can I rub some of your mojo onto my boat. Awesome allround Wes can I come next time :P

You are the man Wes with either Mick or your old man as very able deckies you put the runs on the board on the coast in central qld each year lately and your just holidaying there can I rub some of your mojo onto my boat. Awesome allround Wes can I come next time :P
:lol::lol: i had to steal some of the mojo from your boat a while ago :P one thing i have learnt about central is march is a no go time, i will keep september for the yeppoon trips from now on or june july. Will be heading to hervey bay again very soon you coming up for that one?

Awesome effort Wes, loving that GH I'll bet that thing gave you some stick :woohoo:
it wore the skin out on my thumb on its first rev limiter run :lol: epic fun on light spin gear, and now i know where to target them in hervey bay for future trips ;)

Can ya tell me lol. Ill be there in 2 weeks and i haven't lost my Giant herring V yet ;)

'm heading up to hervey bay 3 diferent times this year I'll pm you which dates and hopefully we could get up there together Wes I havent had a fish with you for ages

:lol::lol: i had to steal some of the mojo from your boat a while ago :P one thing i have learnt about central is march is a no go time, i will keep september for the yeppoon trips from now on or june july. Will be heading to hervey bay again very soon you coming up for that one?

Sweet will catch up for one of them trips for sure :)

'm heading up to hervey bay 3 diferent times this year I'll pm you which dates and hopefully we could get up there together Wes I havent had a fish with you for ages

Awesome effort Wes, loving that GH I'll bet that thing gave you some stick :woohoo:
it wore the skin out on my thumb on its first rev limiter run :lol: epic fun on light spin gear, and now i know where to target them in hervey bay for future trips ;)

Can ya tell me lol. Ill be there in 2 weeks and i haven't lost my Giant herring V yet ;)

:lol::lol: i wish i could tell ya where they are but by pure fluke i found em , i am sure you may encounter them by chance as well ;)

Archived