Most efficient way of disposing of 10 litres of fuel.

Doobsy

Sumo oil used to be good at killing weeds and it is residual, however EPA would have your balls in a basket if they found out nowdays. However I have seen many running tracks in residential areas using sump oil.

Petrol has a fairly low flashpoint, so I would not be spreading it around your house.

Yeah... Thanks for your input guys.

If it was a litre or two, I'm sure I could disburse enough to evaporate pretty quickly but 10 litres of 50:1... :unsure:

I'll do the right thing and dump it.

Anyone know the nearest waste centre/dump to Rochedale that would take it?

I have no idea how to dump fuel but i have a way to reduce wastage. I always calculate the fuel to be use for the trip and bring extra 5-10 litre fuel on top up tanks . Any fuel in the extra tank that is not mixed will go into my car.. I use some old fuel to clean rusty stuff like pliers etc...

I finally finished 120 litres of premix that had a bit of water in it from a bad fill in my boat about 5 years ago. Ran it through the mower, whipper snipper, blower and chainsaw for 5 years without a problem. Now i am back to actually buying fuel for the tools again....sorta looking forward to the next time i get water in the boat fuel.....premix fuel it lasts for years for use in garden tools.

Archived