how is the bris river fishing?

benno573

Hi all,

Thinking I might head out into the river on Friday or Saturday night on the incoming tide to see if I can catch a thready, jew, snapper, cod, flattie... anything non-vermin really!

Has anyone been fishing there recently and if so how have the captures been?

Cheers,

Benno

I was out with my dad last monday i think, we fished the rock wall right out at the mouth for the first time ( we were not to sure about going out in 5-10 knot winds in a 3.6 m tinny ) for nothing . We then headed back to boggy creek and on the way we sounded around the pipeline where people catch a lot of threadies and there was heaps of bait and decent sized arches ,threadies or jews maybe :woohoo: . Fished up around boggy for flatties but only go a few hits and that was about it. The high tide was around 3 pm so it probably wasnt the best time but definatly worth a try .

Good luck

louis

I've fished it twice in the last week and I can tell you some good spots if you're into catching catties ;) as long as you keep them to yourself. :P

I fished at the poo chute and wasn't sure if I should fish the channel next to it or the shallower water directly downstream.........lucky for me there's catties on both sides

:woohoo:

Good luck benno, let us know how you go mate.

Been fishing really well mate. Stacks of school Jew plus the odd legal one thrown in, and quite a few Thready's around as well. Breambo's abundant too. Tie some lures on and start casting buddy. At least you'll catch less Cattie's that way. Last week was the best I've had fishing the river in a long while.

Been fishing really well mate. Stacks of school Jew plus the odd legal one thrown in, and quite a few Thready's around as well. Breambo's abundant too. Tie some lures on and start casting buddy. At least you'll catch less Cattie's that way. Last week was the best I've had fishing the river in a long while.

thanks for the info mate, however, I am far FAR FAR too lazy for that on a Friday night mate. ;) Will just get a heap of bigger livies which usually keep all but the bigger catties at bay anyway. Last trip I hit the river and threw a plastic around near hamilton, first cast got a 79cm flattie much to the disgust of my mate and to the admiration of the quite attractive young lady (in mumble pants) walking along the boardwalk. After that effort I decided that my lure fishing career in the river had peaked and should be retired. That and I really am far too lazy...

Brad - which area of the river you heading to mate?

Hahahahaha - mumble pants. Was just thinking about that description today when I was walking down the mall :P:P

thanks for the info mate, however, I am far FAR FAR too lazy for that on a Friday night mate. ;) Will just get a heap of bigger livies which usually keep all but the bigger catties at bay anyway. Last trip I hit the river and threw a plastic around near hamilton, first cast got a 79cm flattie much to the disgust of my mate and to the admiration of the quite attractive young lady (in mumble pants) walking along the boardwalk. After that effort I decided that my lure fishing career in the river had peaked and should be retired. That and I really am far too lazy...

will be around near boogy and troll for flatties

sweet mate. I'll be around that general area. Look for white and green half cabin with Mark (plastic fantastic) and I on board. Come over and say gudday. You won't miss us with the new deck light I installed! :silly: you dropping the pots in mate?

and steve - gotta love the mumble pants ;)

Archived