A few tailor

max pwr

Headed over to Sth Straddie after work on Friday and got there and set up around 5pm then took my son Jack across the island to the surf where there's usually a nice gutter. Two blokes fishing there alrerady but spread out a fair distance either side of the gutter, I asked how they were doing and they said "nope, nothing but a small dart in a couple hours" so I slotted in between them and second cast pulled out a high thirties tailor :P

Every second or third cast I got another and I told them to get closer to me and pointed out where they were but they persisted where they were for no fish that I saw. I had chucked back a fair few and just kept three that I saw were bleeding heavily for our dinner.

post-5844-144598943978_thumb.jpg

Jack gives fresh tailor the thumbs up!

Same thing Saturday morning, up at 5am for a quick coffee then over to the surf where I got stuck into them again, this time using a metal spoon and kept seven that were unreleasable for bait in the bay later on in the week........I was hoping to get a few more on Sunday to take home for a feed but they were nowhere to be seen on Sunday, one bloke reckons there was a bit too much sand in the water and tailor don't like sand in their gills :huh: either way it was a good couple of sessions with the young fella and a weekend to remember!

Two empty Crownies at 7am.......gotta love the weekends!! B)

post-5844-144598943962_thumb.jpg

On a sidenote I got this flattie first cast in 8 metres of water in the broadie right near the surface and the lure was cranking quickly through the water! Always amazed where a flattie will turn up!

post-5844-144598943972_thumb.jpg

Cheers

:ohmy: Amazing flatty capture.

Nice size tailor as well....55 ?

I reckon it was just on 50 Brian......... I think it's a pb for me, can't remember getting a bigger one anyway. Crafty buggers, they like to come straight at you..... Gotta keep that reel spinning pretty quick!

:ohmy: Amazing flatty capture.

Nice size tailor as well....55 ?

I reckon it was just on 50 Brian......... I think it's a pb for me, can't remember getting a bigger one anyway. Crafty buggers, they like to come straight at you..... Gotta keep that reel spinning pretty quick!

Brian always adds on 5cm when asked how big 'his' is ............................. :P

Well done Steve, some solid tailor there. I definitely need to get onto a surf beach a few times this winter.

Well done Steve, some solid tailor there. I definitely need to get onto a surf beach a few times this winter.

km you need to get yourself a pair of waders first when i saw you standing in the water at the taylor social with bare feet i got frost bite just from looking at you blue toes ;)

Archived