We finally break our drought!!!

richard7785

Been a while since ive posted a report so here it goes. Headed out with BJ yesterday out to boat rock. We rock up set the livies on balloons and i go into doing some bottom bashing only pulling up 2 just legal squire to which were released. We decided to move to a new spot The action was slow only getting pickers on out baits. next thing i look over my shoulder and we had tuna busting up all around us so we pulled anchor and started chasing some tuna. Was a nice school of mac tuna so we hooked about 5 but only boated 2 which we kept for bait. we ended up deciding to move to our new spot this was the best pay off i think we have ever made. It was dolly madness. Id never landed a dolly and from the minute we rocked up they were all around the boat. we were sending down pillies unweighted pulling up smaller models and then the bigger models came to play jumping all around going nuts. with many a double hook up. they went off the chew on the bait so bj goes i wonder how they will go on a livie. they went balistic as soon as the bait hit the water having many many bigger ones chasing them. this was a lot of fun on light gear. In total we probably hooked 30 odd and landed between the 2 of us about 25. we bagged out and headed back to the rock. this paid off aswell with bj boating a nice green jobby and a nice baracuda. we decided we better head in as the sun was starting to set and the wind had picked up to around 15 knots. Was one of the best sessions if not the best ive ever had. Thanks bj for the day out once again mate. we definitely deserved this after the many droughts weve had fishing together,

post-11015-144598955108_thumb.jpg

post-11015-144598955117_thumb.jpg

post-11015-144598955124_thumb.jpg

post-11015-144598955131_thumb.jpg

thanks heaps guys. dollies are in the frying pan right at this moment. just done simple salt pepper and lemon. biggest one went about 75cm i think. we were to busy catching them to be honest we didnt really check but i know when i last checked my biggest was 73cm

Archived