State of Origin 2013

Gad

NSW Official team list:

Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Blake Ferguson, James Maloney,

Mitchell Pearce, Paul Gallen ©, Robbie Farah (vc), James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, Luke Lewis,

Greg Bird. Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Kurt Gidley, Trent Merrin, Anthony Watmough

Being a Qlder,I love this Sunday night, the night that NSWRL announces it`s team for Origin Game 1, the night the NSW rugby league community turns on itself, over who should have been and who should not have been, in the NSW team.

Over the last 7 years it has become an amusing positive for Qld fans knowing:

1/3 of the NSW team will realise they are not wanted in the team by at least half of their own rugby league community,

1/3 all ready realise they probably wont be playing in Game 2,

and the remaining positive 1/3 are hoping Qld forfeits, just to be spiteful to all the NSW fans who put their money on a Qld win again. :woohoo:

Go the Maroons

Qld team list + 2 pre game shadow players

Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston,

Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith, David Shillington, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison.

Interchange: Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Ben Te'o, Chris McQueen, Daly Cherry-Evans, Josh Papalii.

I will be cheering for a Game 1 win and a Series 8 in a row but.. there are some out of form sets of legs in there.In saying that,heart and determination has got them 7 in a row :)

No matter what team NSW names, they don't have anyone there who can match it with GI... Look for him to extend is origin tryscoring record even further this year, hopefully embarassing Hayne in the process.

How NSW keep overlooking Nathan Merrit is beyond me. Think Jamal Idris is unlucky to miss out too.

Anyhoo, here's to 8 in a row for the good guys... :cheer:

Archived