Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2007

MichaelJ

flathead wrote:

Um dont know yet haven't thought that far yet :lol: do you no what last years fish sizes were like because we don't have a clue on how big the fish have to be to get anywhere close to a win?

Anyone is in with a chance. The Brisbane river is all about a bit of arse anyway. and with species like Bream and Catties, its even more so.

Angus

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

say 70cm cattie and 35cm bream as benchmark?

Im pretty sure the winning Bream was about 30cm and catty about high 50's last year. But remember its weight based.

You can get some stumpy yet heavy bream and catfish can vary hugely weight vs length.

Angus

Feral wrote:

Ok Angus, I am cringing writing this as I know you have been \"questioned to death\" over the rules, but -

Can juniors weigh in rays, eels and shovel noses? The rules seem to only exclude them from the miscellaneous adult section, not the juniors.

Nope thats cool Feral, fair question.

The same rules and exclusions apply to Junior anglers.

Essentially the Junior Category is another Best Misc category excluded to a younger age. However in the Juniors case, Bream, Catfish and Sharks of course can also be weighed in.

Clear as mud?

Angus

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a Lazy Chilly but I have had a quick look for the check in time on the Friday but I can't find it. Will admin be at the park at 8.00am?

I have the Friday off work so I will be at the start line at 8.00am. (Take note Southen Chilly's, who's deckie Friday morning?). I'll be there early avoiding traffic and looking for bait. What time will the debrief & check in happen.

Brian D wrote:

Call me a Lazy Chilly but I have had a quick look for the check in time on the Friday but I can't find it. Will admin be at the park at 8.00am?

Yeap. Sign on from 8:00-10:00 every day (except Sunday which is 8:00-11:00am). Have a look on the 1st page of the rego form. The rest of the details are on that. Click download and have a look at it http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=&gid=43

Hope this helps:cheer:

post-320-14459843428_thumb.jpg

Cowfish13 wrote:

Brian D wrote:

Yeap. Sign on from 8:00-10:00 every day (except Sunday which is 8:00-11:00am). Have a look on the 1st page of the rego form. The rest of the details are on that. Click download and have a look at it http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=&gid=43

Cheers Cowfish

So note to Chilly's who's fishing Friday?

Brian D wrote:

Cowfish13 wrote:
Brian D wrote:

Cheers Cowfish

So note to Chilly's who's fishing Friday?

Not looking good to get out of work before 10am but am trying my hardest mate, if Rod can get the day off tell him to go for it, otherwise unless I can get out early (unlikely damn summer busiest time of year) will be down early afternoon

Archived