gotta love EMS

kevinchen19870316

after waiting for a good 3 weeks before i finally get my ebay ECOGEAR VT55, VT65 and pencils, i can't wait to check the reel posted from jp

the tracking result tells everything, gotta love EMS!:laugh:

Date Time Location Service Area Check Point Details

Sep 27, 2007 21:3250 AUSTRALIA - BRISBANE Scheduled for delivery.

Sep 27, 2007 12:4657 AUSTRALIA - SYDNEY Received and awaiting clearance for delivery.

Sep 26, 2007 13:3500 JAPAN - TOKYO INT Processed for despatch.

Sep 25, 2007 18:0000 JAPAN - 2778799 Item lodged

haha, nah, it's just that some items are ALWAYS out of stock in japan. In kevin's case, the reel is the Daiwa-Yuki Ito collaboration reel, limited edition and it had only limited production. I guess they took some time to source it out. Very special item, probably very very difficult to get an Australia. And sometimes i do find that buying from e-tailers does help you save quite abit. I really cant understand some of the mark-ups that the local tackleshops impose. 60-100% mark-up? er, no thanks.

Still you get advice, can feel the product, can use it straight away, have a warranty,get advice from the owner and if you keep going back he will give you a discount, its worth it imo. Support your local tackle shops or they wont be their in 5 years time because of people buying overseas.

I am happy to pay more, fishing is an expensive sport and is only going to increase in price with rising fuel and tackle prices.

I agree Fisher_90, to a point. If the prices are reasonable I certainly will.

I mainly buy online stuff that is not stocked, or way to expensive in the local shops (IE lures and Braid). Everything else I buy locally, I want there to be local businesses around when my kids are old enough to be looking for a job!

Feral wrote:

I mainly buy online stuff that is not stocked, or way to expensive in the local shops (IE lures and Braid). Everything else I buy locally, I want there to be local businesses around when my kids are old enough to be looking for a job!

Feral thats a good mix

Feral wrote:

True, you've got a point there Feral ;)

Archived