Fishing curtain

Mul87

The 1st time I went, I landed 1 kingie 9kg 110cm and lost 2 in the one day. And have caught 50cm sweetlip, lots of reef fish.

My old man on the other hand has caught 1x 120cm kingie, 3 cobias, 10kg,12kg and 17kg. This is not all in 1 session though.

Heaps of tarwhine, bream, squires, sweeplips.

definitely agree with fishing 1 hr either side of a tide change. Keep your leads as light as possible. have a good sound around the area, if it is a carpark on top of the reef proper it is better to have a sound around wide of the reef and look for rubble patches, especially those holding bait. If there is a dive boat in the area forget it, move several hundred metres away. anywhere between curtain and the bulwer ledge can be worth a look if you find the bait combined with a bit of structure. just be careful not to anchor in the shipping channel itself.

I've found fresh flesh baits to work quite well if you can't get livies, pillies, squid and peeled green prawns are other options. Floatlining with placcies works quite well there too, need a fairly large jighead though.

Archived