Genesis Fishing Club Challenge

Angus

post-63-144599034501_thumb.jpg

Interesting comp I thought I would share due to its very different nature.

From the Lowrance Page:

"What is the Fishing Club Challenge?

• We want to help you discover our fantastic new service called Insight Genesis, which allows you to create charts for your Lowrance or Simrad multi-function displays based on sonar logs you upload. Create detail rich charts that show key fish-holding areas, reater contour detail and information about plant and ground composition for greater success on the water.

• What’s in it for us? We want to provide our customers with the absolute greatest experience on the water we possibly can. Part of this is being able to offer the highest level of chart data available to our customers so they can make the most out of their time on the water. Getting that information is the gateway to a whole new world of features and enhancements to offer you our customers.

• We’re so keen to show you how this all works and how much you can benefit from it, that we’re giving away over $20,000 in Lowrance and Simrad products to the top contributors to the Fishing Club Challenge".

Heaps more info here: https://fishingclubchallenge.lowrance.com/

My understanding is it is just total mapping... So not best spots but ALL spots possible to build a total map.

I also thought it was a bit interesting as no one wants to give stuff away. However If you were to upload everything, including all the maps made searching barren ground for something, would it matter?

I am not sure. I neither have a boat or sounder so was just sharing the info :)

Angus

Basically you just sound around where ever you want and turn your sounder on to record. I've been doing this the past few months making my own maps and its been pretty awesome.

If theres enough AFO members keen it would be pretty cool to do it. 20k in Lowrance and Simrad prizes would get some flash gear!

You don't need to give away your spots either, just record as your driving around.

Are there any members keen? We could give it a crack.

Yeh its cool because you can actually view your recorded sonar logs and see what your sounder was picking up. Also shows you on the map where it was so its pretty handy.

Ive attached some screen shots of some stuff I did a few months back. Definitely can help your fishing with a tool like this!

post-107-144599034826_thumb.jpg

post-107-144599034836_thumb.jpg

post-107-144599034846_thumb.jpg

Archived